Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Sinar Shutter on Field Camera

Re: Sinar Shutter on Field Camera

Just passing on two things that were passed on to me:

Store the shutter on "8 seconds" and not "B".

Also shooting rapidly with the shutter was the most common reason of the shutter breaking.

Both came from a Sinar repair person.

Anyone, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Carioca View Post
    I'm not sure if a Sinar F can be called a 'field camera'.
    To my knowledge, field cameras are 'foldings', etc. ...
    Any camera that can be used conveniently in the field can be considered field cameras. An Arca Swiss Cassic F is definitely a field camera.

As it was manufactured by Sinar, I didn't consider the F model to suitable for field work; too bulky when folded. But after customizing a 6" rail as a Sinar F base rail, I used my F a lot in the field, and it worked out great.

I've seen Sinar shutter adapters made for Deardorff 8x10's on EBay. So, that's one example. I think that I've also seen them for Arca-Swiss 171mm format frames.

As the OP and having spent much time and other resources on various adaptations, I feel my 8x10 Norma is indispensable as a field camera. That it doubles as a studio camera is the gravy on my potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Whitaker View Post
    As the OP and having spent much time and other resources on various adaptations, I feel my 8x10 Norma is indispensable as a field camera. That it doubles as a studio camera is the gravy on my potatoes.
    I totally agree +1. Here is mine with a bag bellows and 165mm F8 Sinar Super Angulon with automation and forward mounting. With all the auto cables, almost as fast to use as a reflex camera.

DSC05763 by Nokton48, on Flickr
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Just ordered a SINAR140 to SINAR140 Large Format Camera Shutter metal Adapter for $102.00 from China (off the auction site). When mounted in the front standard of my Chamonix, it will extend out the Sinar shutter in order to not have the front standard's locking knobs hit it. I had fabricated a plastic extender from 2 end pieces off an old Sinar 4x5 bellows and a spacer in between them. Worked... but had a queasy feeling when I mounted the shutter and a barrel lens all dependent on the plastic Sinar bellows end pieces and the spacer glued in between them. I also used a modified Sinar Norma Auxiliary standard to support the lens, but when setting it all up and when using any front movements, the shutter and lens all hang from my glued plastic adapter. Should arrive first week in February. Will post a review on this thread when I get my hands on it.

hello everyone,

I am looking for a service manual for my Sinal Copal shutter and I saw this old posted from 2010 with a few screenshots.
    Is there anyone who could send me a full copy of the service manual? I have the old green Sinar Norma version.

Thank you!

I made an extender from two Sinar lens boards and a 2" piece of 4" ID Delrin pipe to deal with the rears of some of the older soft focus lenses hitting the shutter. It's a solid connection and lenses like my Eidoscope #2 don't move the front standard.

Yes I use my Sinar P 8x10 as a field camera. The P2 stays at home.

The seller of the auction site with all the Sinar shutter adaptors has great products. I've converted my Deardorf V8 to use a Sinar shutter and these interfaces make it easy.

YMMV,

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Just ordered a SINAR140 to SINAR140 Large Format Camera Shutter metal Adapter for $102.00 from China (off the auction site). When mounted in the front standard of my Chamonix, it will extend out the Sinar shutter in order to not have the front standard's locking knobs hit it. I had fabricated a plastic extender from 2 end pieces off an old Sinar 4x5 bellows and a spacer in between them. Worked... but had a queasy feeling when I mounted the shutter and a barrel lens all dependent on the plastic Sinar bellows end pieces and the spacer glued in between them. I also used a modified Sinar Norma Auxiliary standard to support the lens, but when setting it all up and when using any front movements, the shutter and lens all hang from my glued plastic adapter. Should arrive first week in February. Will post a review on this thread when I get my hands on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amedeus View Post
    The seller of the auction site with all the Sinar shutter adaptors has great products. I've converted my Deardorf V8 to use a Sinar shutter and these interfaces make it easy.

YMMV,

Cheers,
    Under the category of YMMV, I purchased one and found it a little tight and needed to to have a small bit of metal removed to make it fit well, although I have had no problems with any lensboards on the front standard.

Well built and works well otherwise.