Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: LF in the movies

(Shrek)

Re: LF in the movies

Quote Originally Posted by ROL View Post
    Joaquin Phoenix does a stint as a department store portrait photographer (SpeedGraphic?), who eventually pummels one of his sitters out of boredom and PTSD insanity, in The Master. But, I cannot recommend seeing this mess of a film despite the LF, 70mm, otherwise fine acting, or even a naked and pregnant Amy Adams.
    I loved The Master, not just because of Joaquin's brief portrait photography gig. It was intensely uncomfortable for me at times, given my own background. My family could have realistically played many of the parts in the last half of the movie. But it's a story that needs to be told; how the cult of personality begins, and once begun, how members close ranks to protect 'The Organization' at all costs.

Where is that park exactly? I'd like to go there next time I am in London
    Hi Andreas - Its in Woolich South East London, a rather down at heel, insalubrious area where strangely enough a terrorist attack happened today. You might see it on the news.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew gardiner View Post
    Hi Andreas - Its in Woolich South East London, a rather down at heel, insalubrious area where strangely enough a terrorist attack happened today. You might see it on the news.
    Yes, I saw it in the news, very sad. Thanks for the info regarding the park.

Andreas
    To infinity - and beyond...

Perhaps these two threads with similar title and content (the new one is in the "lounge") could find a single thread solution.

"Over-Exposed" 1956 has some large format camera work it it. How to setup portrait lighting too. It needed large format to picture Marilyn Monroe what-to-be Cleo Moore. Your average 50's style B movie with a lot of 50's style views of scantily clad women.

iWant

But too expensive

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Pere View Post
    "Over-Exposed" 1956 has some large format camera work it it. How to setup portrait lighting too. It needed large format to picture Marilyn Monroe what-to-be Cleo Moore. Your average 50's style B movie with a lot of 50's style views of scantily clad women.
    Tin Can