Thread: 95mm TO 4X4

95mm TO 4X4

I have a Docter Optics 360 6.7 Tessar which takes 95mm filters. Tiffen makes a series of 4x4 Grad ND filters 2mm and 4mm thick for a very reasonable price. Is there any difference between the filters except for the thickness?

Is there an adaptor out there that I can screw onto my lens or another 95mm filter attached to the lens which will hold a 4x4 filter such as the Tiffens I' ve described? My thinking is that if I can slide the Grad ND up and down in the holder that I can frame any way I want and adjust the Grad ND filter accordingl y.

Is there something like this in existence, or would this be work for Mr. Gr imes?
    Jonathan Brewer

www.imageandartifact.bz

95mm TO 4X4

Bring your filter into a camera store and try the Cokin P holder. There are others available but the names escape me. Cheers

95mm TO 4X4

4x4 filter holders might cause vignetting on your lens with a 95 mm thread. You can use scotch tape with your 4x5 or 4x6 filters, or get a Cokin X-Pro filter holder which has a 120(?) mm opening. Try here: http://www.minoltausa.com/cokin/pro/index.htm Yeah, SKG can always make magic for you. Cheers,

95mm TO 4X4

Lee Filters makes a 95mm adapter ring, and a holder for 4" wide filters. I'd recommend a 4x6" graduated filter, which will allow for more leeway adjusting your grad line up and down.

-John Adler LEE Filters USA