Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kodak Interested In My Health

Angry Kodak Interested In My Health

I just found out Kodak is not going to make the film pack in 4x5 anymore, i'm sure glad they are interested in my health and want me to get extra excersize during my shoots in the field. Just think now i get to cary an extra 10 film holders instead of a pack of film.
    It's nice that after all these years fo me being loyal to Kodak they are so concerned about me. Is fuji picking up the slack on this too???
    HEPL

Re: Kodak Interested In My Health

No one has made film packs for decades. Kodak ceased production when the last employee trained to assemble film packs (in complete darkness of course) retired in the 1980s according to Wikipedia.

I'm therefore assuming you refer to readyloads. This thread that went by a month or so ago may be of interest. It explains at least why Kodak is getting out of the readyload business perhaps.

Kodak's patents on readyload packets appear to have expired. Kodak doesn't seem to want the machines that do they work or else they'd ship them back to a Kodak facility and put them back in operation. So... maybe Polaroid would sell them to a third party.

If you really want readyloads, maybe there's a way...

Bruce Watson

Angry Re: Kodak Interested In My Health

Yes sorry i was talking about readyloads - but is fuji making simething i can use ????????????

Fuji makes Quickloads. Yes, they'll work for you, if one of the films you like is available in that form.

Quote Originally Posted by Tintype Bob View Post
    Yes sorry I was talking about readyloads - but is Fuji making something I can use?
    Of course. Fuji's quickloads competed more or less head-to-head with Kodak's readyloads. B&W, color negative, color tranny. Places like Badger Graphic carry all the quickloads.

Bruce Watson

I wonder what it was like for Kodak workers to work in total darkness all day? Did they hallucinate? How did this effect their proprioception. I'm assuming their experience was different than that of people who are born, or who become totally blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyon View Post
    I wonder what it was like for Kodak workers to work in total darkness all day? Did they hallucinate? How did this effect their proprioception. I'm assuming their experience was different than that of people who are born, or who become totally blind.
    Working in total darkness for 8 hour shifts doesn't cause hallucinations. It does increase their sense of hearing and touch. And yes it is a different experience for people who are born sightless or those that became sightless later after birth.

All of these questions have been discussed at lenght in Kodak studies though I can't sight any sources.

Don Bryant

jetcode

What was a film pack Bruce?

Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post
    What was a film pack Bruce?
    A film pack is the way LF should be. Especially if you are hand holding, say with a Speed Graphic, and doing press work or weddings maybe. Here's a thread to get you started.

Bruce Watson

Quote Originally Posted by D. Bryant View Post
    Working in total darkness for 8 hour shifts doesn't cause hallucinations. It does increase their sense of hearing and touch. And yes it is a different experience for people who are born sightless or those that became sightless later after birth.
    This is SOOOO true. I processed B&W film in the 80's for 8 hours a day (dip and dunk *with* Inspection!). When I dropped film, I can hear it roll and know exactly where it is in the dark. My sense of hearing as sooo good in the film-room.