Thread: Linhof 3-way leveling tripod head: where to buy?

Linhof 3-way leveling tripod head: where to buy?

I would like to buy a Linhof 3-way leveling tripod head. Does anyone have one for sale? If not, where is the cheapest place to buy?

Thanks, Hilari

B&H Photo.

For a new one, try Ken Hansen (212) 317-0923 and PhotoGizzmo (212) 463-0130. For a used one, try Midwest Photo Exchange and Ebay. Good luck,

There was more then one. If you are looking for the current version (the one sexton uses) it is catalog # 003663 and they can be ordered new from any camera store. We do have them in stock.

"There was more then one. If you are looking for the current version (the one sexton uses) it is catalog # 003663 and they can be ordered new from any camera store. We do have them in stock.

-- Bob Salomon (bobsalomon@mindspring.com), May 05, 2001"..... ....................................................................

From any camera store? try B&H, they do not list that #. Any camera store except B&H???

oops! B&H does carry it. Its under "other heads". This contraption looks like a plumber's nightmare. With this head the camera becomes the lever since it has no levers. I'd make sure that the camera has convenient gripping for one hand lifting and tilting into position while the other hand tightens the clamps, and that your camera is no bigger than 4X5. Sold one to Sexton, anybody else?

they sold one to me.

I just bought one from Badger Graphic Sales in Wisconson: http://www.badgergraphic.com/ This beautifully made head has several advantages over ball heads (I sold my Arca Swiss B1 to buy it.) The main one is that it can handle heavy cameras with long lenses in vertical orientation while keeping the weight centered over the tripod. This is especially useful with cameras such as the Pentax 67 that have no rotating back. The head must be contorted to a very weird position with the platform in vertical position slightly behind and to the left of the tripod center. I also find the separate progressive locking adjustments for tilt/pitch very useful when leveling a 4X5 field camera. Much easier than with a ball head.