Hello,

I?m new to LF and I?m struggling to get confidence with this new equipment. One of the things that I?m struggling the most is focusing at the GG with the dark c loth. I really dislike this system. It is very uncomfortable, I can?t stay under that cloth for more that just few seconds (especially in hot weather conditions )?not to mention the light spreading from the bottom?and the bellow sagging beca use of the cloth sitting on it while I?m trying to cover the back standard from the light??It drives me crazy.

I just bought a Toyo VX125; I know that is one is of the best tools in business? but only if I can concentrate more on the images instead of spending time on the technical difficulties.

As solution I was thinking to use the Folding Focusing Hood at which attach with Velcro on one or two sides a custom made (small) piece of opaque cloth. In few words I would have a folding focusing hood plus a miniature cloth attached to it with Velcro. Is there anyone that has already done it? What is the impression, if any? Are there alternatives that I should know? I also was thinking at the Toyo Balloon focusing hood. Is it worth the money? Is it too big for outdoor shooting? Sorry for my English and for so many questions; just short suggestions will be v ery much appreciated.

Thank you.