Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interview

Interview

Martin Cooper, a London based photographer, whose talent doesn't stop just in photography,sometime ago requested an interview about my work to post in his blog.
    SInce I knew and deeply respected his work already, It was a real honor to receive his request.
    It took us a while to finish this little project and I am very pleased with the outcome.
    I recommend you look at Martin Cooper's work at http://www.martincooperphoto.com/ where you can see videos and his beautiful body of work.

You can look at the interview at http://martincooperphoto.blogspot.com/

Re: Interview

Thanks for the heads up.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

Quote Originally Posted by domenico Foschi View Post
    Martin Cooper, a London based photographer, whose talent doesn't stop just in photography,sometime ago requested an interview about my work to post in his blog.
    SInce I knew and deeply respected his work already, It was a real honor to receive his request.
    It took us a while to finish this little project and I am very pleased with the outcome.
    I recommend you look at Martin Cooper's work at http://www.martincooperphoto.com/ where you can see videos and his beautiful body of work.

You can look at the interview at http://martincooperphoto.blogspot.com/
    His work is gorgeous - as is yours. Congratulations.

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Hi Domenico,
    I enjoyed the article very much . Congratulations and thanks for the update. Great works as always.

Thanks for the link!
    I just finished reading the interview and appreciate the insight into your work.
    Ron McElroy
    Memphis

Thank you for the good read Domenico. It's nice to learn about your perspective on photography (no pun intended).

I finally realized that my work wasn't supposed to look like anyone else's work. I realized that I had a personal way to view things with my camera and I found the courage to express them as I saw them.
    I wonder how much time will take me to get to this point... so far I don't feel I am a photographer... just an amateur playing around with cameras and thinking that only with a better ______ (insert lens, camera, film) I will be able to get better images.
    In reality what I really need is to understand WHAT I want to take pictures of...

By seeing hundreds of swirly images I have been growing tired of them and I feel I want to go back and re-explore sharpness, or something like that.
    By reading a lot about photography and watching a lot of images online made by talented amateurs and pro photographers, I first get inspirations but then I realize that a lot of images are all the same... and the inspiration ends there leaving emptiness...
    I am going through phases. Now for instance I think that, in order to improve my creativity, first all I need to do is to perfect my knowledge of basic photo technique and I think LF is the best way to get there (might be a slow process but I am hoping it will make me a better photographer)

thank you again for sharing this interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Francesco Gallarotti View Post
    Thank you for the good read Domenico. It's nice to learn about your perspective on photography (no pun intended).

I wonder how much time will take me to get to this point... so far I don't feel I am a photographer... just an amateur playing around with cameras and thinking that only with a better ______ (insert lens, camera, film) I will be able to get better images.
    In reality what I really need is to understand WHAT I want to take pictures of...

B.
    This is one of the reason why I posted this interview on this forum other than sheer ego busting and print sales hopes.

In my photographic growth I have had to smash my face against a lot of obstacles because of lack of training and mentoring.
    I know that its difficult to find your own way and I do believe that artists in general need to know that it's OK to follow their own vision by putting in the right place what has been done before and using it to explore their uniqueness.
    If i can contribute even modestly to help some artists to find themselves, I am a more accomplished artist myself.

Especially if he is Italian!!!

Great to learn more about you and Mr. Cooper too. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by domenico Foschi View Post
    I know that its difficult to find your own way and I do believe that artists in general need to know that it's OK to follow their own vision by putting in the right place what has been done before and using it to explore their uniqueness.
    If i can contribute even modestly to help some artists to find themselves, I am a more accomplished artist myself.

Especially if he is Italian!!!

Well I am going to ask you again one question from the interview...
    When did you realize that you were not just an amateur... that you had talent... how did you understand that you could create art and not just snapshots?

See... this is what bugs me... many people say I take good pictures... fine... thanks... I like to hear that... but I don't see them as good at all... in fact the more I read about real photographers and artists the more I wish I could find a way to raise my level...

You know what I mean?

I am thinking to assign myself projects, but then again I feel like I am just imitating something I have seen already and I am not able to find my own style... Maybe I will never find a style... maybe I am simply not talented enough to create art out of a camera and people are just being nice to me... but still I want to improve....

So for now it's going to be LF and film... this will let me understand better what I am doing, I hope... but if you have any suggestions, I am open to hear them... especially when they come from a guy like me who went to a Liceo Scientifico, like I did, and who has followed a somewhat similar life-path...

I didn't mean to hijack your own thread, sorry. If you think this is not the place for this conversation, feel free to ignore my comment :-)

Downstairs

Domenico, That was a great interview and you gave some fascinating insights. Thanks.