Thread: Misrach? - racking my brain..

Misrach? - racking my brain..

I'm wracking my brain to try and find an article about Richard Misrach - it talk s about him shooting his night series in the desert, banging around in his old V W bus, storing his camera in an old suitcase and loading his film in motel bathr ooms etc, as well as about how he worked on the shots

Anyone know where this article was?

Thanks

Tim A
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

I think you're thinking of the View Camera interview of Richard Misrach, Sep/Oct 1998. pp 14-24. (As an aside, the magazine's article index is online at viewcamera.com.)

Hope this helps.

Edward Kleinbard

Ah - got it (it wasn't the Viwecamera article). Someone pointed out off list that it was in an interview on the Kodak site in their "Kodak Masters" sercies or something, but which doesn't exist online anymore - oh well (now I have to search all those boxes from moivng house and see if I printed it off!)

Thanks

Tim A
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

FWIW there was an article that sounds VERY similar to what you describe in one of the Aperture specials, the first "working with" or "On Location" I think it was called? Anyway, the article was written by his wife? maybe? Somehow or other the editor/proof- reader got the name of his camera wrong - Dierdorf