Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: v900?

Re: v900?

possibly they dont have picture of the v900 yet...the small print up the top says that 'the model has not been released yet, specifactions are our best estimation'
    cheers
    Andrew

I'll be looking to scan all sorts of films, the velvias, kodachromes, portras, provia, tri-x, scala, t-max and so on so i'll look for the grain as well as try to avoid it..

I have recently found there is a local arts organisation open for anyone for $20 a year that lets you use the nikon 9000 and the imacon 343 for free... That may well be the deal breaker for me until I can make enough money to buy one of those wonderful used pro flatbeds. BTW, I could have purchased one in the neighbourhood the other day for around $200. It was a Scanview Scanmate F6, I believe branded as the Howtek F6 in the US. It had the Color Quartet CDs but there was no mounting accessories and there was no way to check operation beforehand. I live in Sweden and the scanner is still serviced a 4 hour drive away in Denmark but still I decided not to go for it. I figured it would mean to many headaches to get it to operate and produce the results I am after. The scanner apparently has a maximum resolution of 3000 dpi but as far as I understand only along a thin strip. Someone else may correct here if I am wrong. Oh well I am sure the scanner was working fine I just didn't have the confidence to try my luck with it. I may start looking for a scanview drumscanner instead. They seem to be no too rare and reasonably priced.

Lets hope the consumer flatbeds will soon reach those magical 4000 dpi:s...! It' s kind of the analog photographers' megapixel race, aint it..!?

Thank you all of you for taking your time to reply to my post

and as for the Epson v900 rumour - googling "epson v900" won't give you much...a few forum threads and the actual australian rumour link... maybe it's just a rumour after all..? or perhaps there's very little interest... ...in the digital world?

I hardly expect that epson will introduce a real successor to the V700/V750, the market has become too small to warrent any substantial R&D on improving the current scanners. Probably we have to get used to the idea that we will not see any improvements any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Huib View Post
    I hardly expect that epson will introduce a real successor to the V700/V750, the market has become too small to warrent any substantial R&D on improving the current scanners. Probably we have to get used to the idea that we will not see any improvements any more.
    I would have to disagree with that statement. MicroTek is still coming out with new flatbed scanners. So long as they are, Epson will follow suit. I'm sure they're always working on ways to maximize Dmax.

-Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Huib View Post
    ...the market has become too small to warrent any substantial R&D on improving the current scanners...
    All the more reason to introduce a marginally improved model, obviously marketed as a great improvement, to increase demand.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Kefford View Post
    All the more reason to introduce a marginally improved model, obviously marketed as a great improvement, to increase demand.

Steve
    wasn't that what happened with the 4990 --> V700 model

Photographer, Machinist, etc. Jeffrey Sipress's Avatar

For 35mm and 6x7 films, I use a dedicated film scanner. Mine is the Minolta Dimage Dual Pro (or something like that!). It has holder for all MF and 35mm films. Years ago it was nearly $3k new, but now I'll bet probably around the cost of a good flatbed.

There will be a slightly updated V500 - the V600. As they haven't announced a successor to the V750 at the same time, there will hardly be a update this year. Besides, the V750 is still ahead of the V600. The V900 rumour was already around more than a year ago, based upon the same typo, and it has not materialized.

Question Re: New Epson Scanner to replace V750? v900?

Hello all.
    Just found this thread after Googled a search for any info on new/updated Epson scanners to replace their top end V750 Model.
    Any news or info would be much appreciated.