Thread: 9x12 film sources in Amsterdam or Geneva?

Confidently Agnostic!

9x12 film sources in Amsterdam or Geneva?

Hey guys, I'm going to Europe and I figured I might try to pick up some film for my 9x12 avus while I'm there. Anybody know of a good film store in either Amsterdam or Geneva that might stock 9x12 B&W emulsions?

Re: 9x12 film sources in Amsterdam or Geneva?

Europe is always a dream location for all... like it's a whole different world out there. I've never been to amsterdam but I'm sure there are some pretty good locations to be found, and as I see no one from there anwsers here, I suggest a tourism google search on that location, you might come up with the very thing you look for, who knows

Kleurgamma is probably the best bet, but I don't recall every having seen 9x12cm (other sheet film sizes were available) while I was living there. They are good for getting your film processed too.

You could also ask at Photo Nivo, which is not far from Central Station

I always order mine, usually via Retrophotographic in the UK. Fotoimpex is another option.

If you're in Germany though, you are more likely to find it in store.

I would actually be surprised if you could find that over here in Holland.
    Kleurgamma is a first class professional lab with a small store. You can always send them an email (see kleurgamma.com) and ask. They may know off a source.

I would order from Fotoimpex in Berlin myself. They have Adox, fomapan, Fp4, Fp5, Delta and one kodak color emulsion in 9x12 (I don't remember which)
    My experience with them is good, they ship fast. You could arrange to have film shipped to your hotel.
    You can find their catalogue here: http://www.fotoimpex.de/catalogus_no...i_anglicus.pdf

Enjoy you stay!

Andi Heuser

Try Calumet Amsterdam.Maybe they can
    order some 9x12 for you and store it for you in their refrigerator.

http://www.calumetphoto.com/ctl?ac.u...p.locID=DE_AMS

Good Luck
    sanchi

jetcode

Quote Originally Posted by walter23 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm going to Europe and I figured I might try to pick up some film for my 9x12 avus while I'm there. Anybody know of a good film store in either Amsterdam or Geneva that might stock 9x12 B&W emulsions?
    I wouldn't count on finding film in Europe. Amsterdam is a beautiful old city and the Jordan is my favorite district for the canals and Indonesian food. I've been to Geneva too which is more reserved. If you get a chance go to Zermott and take the Gornergraut to the observatory and hike down the rim of an ancient glacier. It's really spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post
    I wouldn't count on finding film in Europe. Amsterdam is a beautiful old city and the Jordan is my favorite district for the canals and Indonesian food. I've been to Geneva too which is more reserved. If you get a chance go to Zermott and take the Gornergraut to the observatory and hike down the rim of an ancient glacier. It's really spectacular.
    You think so? Only in Belgium, there's at least 15 shops that carry LF film. 9x12 is not a standard size anymore and will be on special order.

G

joseph

Walter, did you find anywhere in Amsterdam?
    Can't find much on the interweb...

Anyone else know of a place to buy film in Amsterdam?

Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post
    I wouldn't count on finding film in Europe.
    There is some pro shop or other in most major cities, and these generally have the most common 4x5" and 120 types on stock. But you may have to ask a local pro for its address - usually these are in some outside industrial area rather than in the shopping zone. Don't count on asking in a consumer photo store, their sales staff is usually entirely ignorant.

9x12cm was pretty common in Germany some twenty years ago, when it was still cheaper proportional to its area, but as the price advantage and availability of film types dwindled, it became rare. By now, you'll have to preorder it almost anywhere.

Sevo

nivo in the jordaan isnt good for film, infact amsterdam is nearly 100% digital, i live in the jordaan and i order through fotoimpex, really cheap shipping. and they sell 9x12

s colour on the nine streets also have a small stock, hp5 tmax etc