Page 42 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Your Waterfalls

Landscape Addict

Re: Post Your Waterfalls

Dave - Great image. love the foreground rock and the colour.. mmm sweet velvia..

Broddi - Very nice image... The only thing about it I don't like is the blank area at the top (I know that is the location, and nothing to do with you) but the sky is just a little flat.. It almost doesnt look real.. The rest of the shot is awesome and looks terrific.
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography

John Olsen

Since we're looking at film images after conversion to digital, we might be careful about criticism that could just be about contrast gain in the scanning. At any rate "throwing up" responses seem a little childish. Please use some moderation here.

Latoural Fall in the Columbia River Gorge.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alan_0002.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	71784

With the previous threads about monitor calibration and washed-out highlights, would one of you experts like to comment on the quality of my photo?
    You can't hurt my feelings; I used to work for TSA! Oh wait - I don't have any feelings left.

Thanks, Alan

Quote Originally Posted by alexn View Post
    Broddi - Very nice image... The only thing about it I don't like is the blank area at the top (I know that is the location, and nothing to do with you) but the sky is just a little flat.. It almost doesnt look real.. The rest of the shot is awesome and looks terrific.
    Thanks alexn. I agree re. the flat background. It was a dull overcast day, almost foggy, so there wasn't much to be done, except come back another day, which is hard, since I no longer live in Iceland.

largeformatguy - I'm not an expert, but I'll comment anyway. The one thing that bothers me in your image is that the dark rocks in the foreground are too dominant. They make the whole image feel very dark and underexposed, which by the way it isn't, except for the foreground. I'd have liked to see a bit more of the fall, and less of the black rocks, especially the big one on the bottom right hand side.

broddi,

Thanks for your comments. Yes the scene seems dark and forboding; and the large rock in the forgroung dominates too much.

Alan

Joined up with a couple of Brisbane based LF'ers over Easter for a hike through a local national park. It was a great day. Especially watching Alex drag his 10kg Karden and tripod 10 km!
    Here's a couple I managed on the day! First 2 Velvia 50. Last is FP4+. All 45N2 with 58mmXL @F22.

Middle one demands a skinny dip. Hope you all obliged.

You've obviously never met Alex! Ewwwwww!

Landscape Addict

ahahah! Skinny dip - I think not... ahahaha.

Nice shots Stef, I like the 2nd a lot but I think the 3rd is the nicest there.

The first once, some how that water seems a lot blacker than I remember... It seems everything in your shot looks reasonably well exposed except the water... Makes me wonder what mine will look like from there..

Was a great day and I am indeed walking properly again.. Ready to go again... In fact, Saturday/Sunday 21/22 of April I'll be walking Noosa Headlands... From where I'm staying to the shot I intend to take, I have a 3km walk ahead of me (all in the dark before sunrise)

Lucky me.

Great shots Stef..

Let me know if you're keen to....
    A - Sell one of those Grafmatics.
    B - Teach me how to load it.
    C - Process what comes out of it.

My roll from Lamo is in the lab... Mid next week I should have some images to show for my last few months worth of photography.
    Chamonix 045N-2 - 65/5.6 - 90/8 - 210/5.6 - Fomapan 100 & T-Max 100 in Rodinal
    Alexartphotography

| La Forra Waterfalls - Brenta Dolomites (I) |
    Shen-Hao PTB4x5 - Rodenstock Sironar-N 150/5,6 - Ilford fp4+ | B+W ND Filter 0.9, exp. 1" @f/16
    Cloudy and rainy day, perfect for waterfalls
    Backstage Video here

Alberto Bregani | Mountain Photographer
    My starting page
    http://about.me/albertobregani