Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Blur circle

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 1999

    Blur circle

    What is the relationship between blur circle, depth of field, and image magnification. Could everybody explain briefly? (I 've just started 8 x 10 and like to make really huge prints bigger than 20 x 24in.)

  2. #2

    Blur circle

    What you are calling blur circle is known as the circle of confusion, depth of field is that portion of the subject is in sharp focus, which vary's with the apeture used and the distance focused on, and if you are talking about image magnification in the camera you are talking about conjugate foci. The best book you will find for understanding these terms and concepts is: Photographer's Mate 2&3 by the Bureau of Naval Personal, Rate Training Manual NAVPERS 10355-A. When you finish reading the section on photographic optics you will begin to have an understanding of what is involved in the terms you mentioned. Good Luck. Pat

Similar Threads

  1. image circle
    By Daniele Minetto in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 28-Apr-2006, 15:48
  2. ND filter to blur water, clouds, people ...
    By Mark McCarvill in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-May-2005, 13:07
  3. Image Circle
    By A. Mouton in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-Sep-2001, 07:49
  4. DOF and circle of confusion
    By Roy Feldman in forum Style & Technique
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 31-Aug-1998, 09:40
  5. Circle of confusion
    By Terry Lorch in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-Jan-1998, 14:09


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts