Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from Portugal !

Re: Hello from Portugal !

Turner you have to visit Porto ... is where i'm from !

bgh: on my site you can check one wine house - "Adega Mayor" from architect Siza Vieira.

And yes Portugal has wonderful wines Red's and White's - and the best ones are from the North of Portugal

We can talk about LF too here.

I would like to know witch equipament for architectural photography.

Lens are what i dont understand but we can talk about cameras too.

Regards

Ricardo--

Yes, but red wine tastes so much better than lenses!

I too generally deal with architecture, particularly with the photographic documentation of historic buildings and structures that are threatened with being altered or demolished. By training, I'm a historian and architectural historian, and thus am a rank amateur when it comes to LF, especially when compared to the many very talented people on this site.

That being said, for 4x5 I find a complement of three lenses does what I need--90mm, 150mm, and 210mm. I originally had wanted something longer than 210, perhaps a 240 or even into the low 300s, but then Jim Galli offered for sale his Schneider 210 convertible lens, and I fell for his claim that you couldn't take a bad picture with it. Unfortunately, I have found many, many ways to take a bad picture with it, but it has been a very good lens nonetheless.

Have you been using primarily a 35mm camera, or medium format?

Have you ever had any trincadeira wines? I recall a Casa Cadaval trincadeira a few years ago and really enjoying it--with black olives and feta cheese, it was very heaven.

Bruce

I shoot with a 35mm (5D) and shift lens.
    90mm is wide on 4x5 ?
    Casa Cadaval i never tried ... This week i drinked Quinta do Perdigão ( Red wine - Touriga Nacional ).

Regards