Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Darkroom Flooring? Suggestions?

Re: Darkroom Flooring? Suggestions?

Older thread brought back.
    Try a farm or horse supply place and get a horse stall mat. Rubber, nice and thick and cushions well. Easy to clean. Put it where you tend to walk around and save your back, hips and knees.
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Older thread brought back.
    Try a farm or horse supply place and get a horse stall mat. Rubber, nice and thick and cushions well. Easy to clean. Put it where you tend to walk around and save your back, hips and knees.
    That's what I use. Mine is approx 3x5 and 1 covers most of the working area in my small darkroom.

Les

Thanks Willie. Spotted couple of places and one (Wilco) had 4' wide or 30 inches and one can determine the length of the pad....according to their space. I just put in a v. nice bamboo flooring and this recycled cushion will help my footsies and keep things dry from spills.

Les

Another possibility are the 1” mats hair stylists use. Those are about the most comfortable things I’ve stood on. But they are not porous with no holes and tapered edges, and expensive.
    --- Steve from Missouri ---

I'm putting a floating sheet of vinyl flooring over my 100-year hardwood floors, which are rough finish, not sanded and sealed. It's a bedroom I don't need. Plumbing right through the wall to the washer on the other side.

For standing comfort.

I wear closeout Doc Martin fabric shoes or boots with the softest and least slippery soles I have ever used. No cushion needed. They call them Air Wair Bouncing Soles. $50 a pair. Young women tell me my shoes are cool.

I started wearing Doc Martins industrial steel toes 40 years ago when the factory paid 50%. They do not slip on grease, oil, blood or fat. The only shoe to claim and prove that.

The new Chinese versions are actually better than the Originals still made in England. And cheaper.

Big toe box for old feet. I watch for closeout sales and have a new pair coming tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by scheinfluger_77 View Post
    Another possibility are the 1” mats hair stylists use. Those are about the most comfortable things I’ve stood on. But they are not porous with no holes and tapered edges, and expensive.
    imo,those types of mats are the best. Darkrooms I've worked in had them and they were incredibly comfortable when you're on your feet souping and printing all day. the black ones with the swiss cheese holes, while less expensive, aren't in the same league.

Something like these are what I'm considering buying http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/pag...=1,43456,43465

I'd suggest spending the extra for the better ones and don't look back.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...