Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Flora Here!

Re: Post your Flora Here!

Harley, your Corn Lily ain't too shabby either !

Clover blossom plucked and taken downstairs to my studio lights. Ortho copy film, Calumet NX45, 210mm lens at a pretty good extension. White lightning 1800 directly overhead.

Here's a couple from this spring in east-central Minnesota. Thanks for looking. Tachihara 4x5, Fujinon 135mm, Fuji Provia 100f and Astia 100f:

Skunk cabage.

Bunchberries, clintonia, starflowers against a lichen covered oak.

Harley: Love the image, that's one of those images I can get lost in. Also, thank you for the compliments! It makes me fell like I'm progressing along with my skills if people from here like what I'm doing. I like to constantly evolve my photography skills by trying new things that, mostly, I learn from this forum.

Gary: Great image! It's not too often you find people don't B&W of flowers, just because most think it's the flower that is the great part of them.

Joel: Going back to the color thing, I love the color in the photographs that you made! I also like the level of detail in your images.

Keep up the good work everyone!

That is a quite oustanding intimate floral image Jeff, beautifully well done. And Joel likewise, I love your similar floral oak image.

My considerable view camera wildflower work tends to be wider landscapes. And most of my own closeup wildflower photography is done with my tiny 7mp Coolpix. However from distances much like these two above, I also have an eye out for good subjects. This is one such image taken last year in the spring of 2007 just west of Yosemite shows poppies, birds-eye gilia, and other small wildflowers against a lichen covered slate outcrop. Provia 100f 4x5 transparency thru a 150mm Nikkor maybe at 1/8 second and f48:

And from this spring of 2008, dune evening primrose, oenthera deltoides, against desert sands just outside Joshua Tree National Park. Provia 100f 4x5 transparency thru a 150mm Nikkor I recall at 1/8 second and f62:

Here's two of the same bunch of very tiny wild flowers growing next to my house. I went for atmospheric and other-worldly.

8x10. #1 Heliar 300, #2 14" Verito.

George

From Alaska
    1. Fall colors, Kenai National Wildlife Refuge
    2. Ferns and wild rose, Chugach State Park
    3. Frosted tundra, Denali State Park

Bruce, I absolutely love that frosted tundra shot. Is this typical in September or does it happen later?

Bruce,

I like the frosted tundra image, as well. Fine work. Lots of excellent images throughout the thread. Always nice to see good work.

LJ Segil

14" Verito at f/4 and who knows what hand produced shutter speed with the studio shutter, Wehman 8x10, Astia 100F. Unsharpened, to say the least. Fun lens if you don't want your picture to very much resemble your subject (although Monet's Lily Pads were mostly done when he was essentially blind, Beethoven's later works while deaf, maybe I could be just the very least part of the impaired artists' club--though more likely just the charter member of the untalented branch).
    Anyway, offered for your critical perusal and perhaps amusement at the sort of thing that some people will actually admit they created and even show in public.
    LJS