Thread: Downham church yard Pendle

Downham church yard Pendle

Enjoying using my MPP mkVll Angulon 90mm f22 @1/15th sec / FP5 in D76; when filling my developing tank I got the quantities of developer wrong and started the first few minutes with 500ml in rather than 1000ml but its all part of the relearning about film and I'm liking it a lot

I'm sure there might be a collection of 'graveyard shots' somewhere?

Tony
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails export doc009 view of Pendle from Downham ajusted small file 2.jpg  

Re: Downham church yard Pendle

type Cemeteries into the search window under the LF Photography Header bar

R

Hey Tony, I have not thought about Pendle hill in years. I'm originally from the Accrington area I used to look over at Pendle hill on a daily basis, I now live in the US. How is the mpp mk vll working for you, did you find the 90mm fiddly to use with the drop front? I have had a mk vlll for about 17 years and love it. I used to visit a lot of the churches in that area when I rang the bells.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Tymon View Post
    Hey Tony, I have not thought about Pendle hill in years. I'm originally from the Accrington area I used to look over at Pendle hill on a daily basis, I now live in the US. How is the mpp mk vll working for you, did you find the 90mm fiddly to use with the drop front? I have had a mk vlll for about 17 years and love it. I used to visit a lot of the churches in that area when I rang the bells.

Andy
    Hi Andy.
    yes Pendles still there making its presence felt and holding a special place in the local psyche.
    The 90mm Angulon does not seem that difficult to use on the MPP MKVII although I have not had a large format camera before. It is a bit of a fiddle having to use a locking shutter release with there being no T setting on the shutter. The optical quality is good centrally and out towards the edges but the edges themselves are a little fuzzy. Having said that it depends on the enlargement factor, you need to get over 16x20 before it is noticeable. Not that I have used it for more than a few exposures as yet. I also have a Super Angulon 65mm that I briefly tried before finding its shutter to be erratic, so thats a away having a CLA. I did mount it on an MPP cone board from a 89mm Wray (now sold), I found dropping the camera front did not show on the ground glass. However there are not many movements possible with the 65mm as the bellows are tight and the image circle is just big enough for 5x4 despite the lens been recommended for 60x90mm. So when I get that one back I'll do some more experimenting.
    The MPP seems to be a great camera as an introduction to LF and who knows it might be all I will ever want.
    Downham village is a lovely spot. I often sit on the bench looking at the view I have photographed. Just in front of the bench is the grave of an 18 year old soldier from the 1st World War he died a fee days after Armistice, very sad. I find that he humbles me greatly.

Tony

That's a great view and wonderful tones. Thanks for posting it!