Thread: Epson V700 and 126 Instamatic Film

Question Epson V700 and 126 Instamatic Film

Hi.

I've recently bought a Epson V700 as I have a huge amount of family photos and negatives that I want to get into digital format.

I'm having a problem scanning 126 film as although it fits into the 35mm negative holder, it doesn't scan the images to the right size or position. Does anyone know of a workaround to get 126 film to work in a 35mm holder?

See attached jpg to see how the images are being scanned.

Cheers.

Re: Epson V700 and 126 Instamatic Film

I suspect that you may be able to do it by manually cropping rather than using the automatic cropping. That would certainly take a lot longer though. Maybe someoen else has a better idea?

You'd definitely need to go "full view" and manually click and drag a selection to the size of one frame, then use the duplicate tool to make multiple similar-shaped selections and drag them over each frame. That way you can scan all of them as individual images, then insert new negs, and move the selection boxes to be lined up correctly each time.

Yes it'll take a while, but that's how I've always done it regardless of film size. You can't guarantee the automated software will know what size your frame is.

thanks for the feedback. guess I'm going to have to be patient and drag and select my images from the whole frame

this is something you have to do with the thumbnail mode turned off.... as it won't know what to look for! Manually cropping the neg's.

good luck.

Thanks. Going to take longer than I expected, but will be worth getting it right. Guess my children will never have to worry about this, now that digital cameras are the norm