Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Victoria / Vancouver Island meeting and casual LF user group

Confidently Agnostic!

Re: Victoria / Vancouver Island meeting and casual LF user group

I just realized the day I suggested is also the day of Rob Skeoch's workshop.

I guess there's time for you all to go to Duncan and then get back here for 7pm, right?

Hello, Merg!

I don't know how I missed the rest of this thread in the past couple of days; I usually see pretty much everything new through the "unified view", but perhaps I should be more diligent...

Hah -- golfing with the Toyo <g>. They conflict terribly, of course, as Saturday is chores day, and on Sunday I have to pick between golf and the camera. It's a cruel choice, but I think most of us are familiar with the expression, "Happy wife, happy life."

Ahem.

I did take the old Calumet CC-400 out to the golf course once, on a foggy morning, and got some nice frames. It was a heck of an ordeal dragging the kit around on an old luggage cart, though. The current backpack with the Toyo would be vastly better!

As ever, please do give a call if you're up here on a visit; I'd love to chat some more over a beer or something.

Cheers,
    \donw

-Rob bigcameraworkshops.com Robert Skeoch's Avatar

should work out fine.
    -Rob

Confidently Agnostic!

Hey, just thought I'd post details of a meet up this week, if anyone is interested in dropping by. A couple of us are going to get together at Swans for a beer at 6:30. We'll be most likely in the covered patio area, and at least one of us will have a 4x5 camera along (to demo for someone else) and possibly a print or two as well.

Cooke, Heliar, Petzval...yeah

Can Vancouverians join too?

I may ask a few people around here if they wanna go or not. I have a big van, I think it's doable to come for one-two days or so.
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

Confidently Agnostic!

Quote Originally Posted by SAShruby View Post
    Can Vancouverians join too?

I may ask a few people around here if they wanna go or not. I have a big van, I think it's doable to come for one-two days or so.

Absolutely! However I just realized I neglected to mention the date; we met up last night (Thursday).

We're hoping to organize an outing or something - right now we've tentatively agreed to meet up in a couple of weeks (Sunday on the weekend of the 15th). If you want to get in on the discussion please feel free to join the mailing list.

http://groups.google.ca/group/victor...er-group?pli=1

This is all very informal stuff here, anyone can contribute in any way they want, whether its organizing a meeting or outing or a technical demonstration or anything else.