Thread: Tioga Lodge open at last

Smile Tioga Lodge open at last

I just got off their website www.tiogalodgeatmonolake.com and they're accepting reservations on line, so if you're headed towards Lee Vining, theres an option.

I have no connection with the Tioga Lodge, but since many posters here tend to cycle through the Lee Vining area at some point I thought it might be of interest.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Re: Tioga Lodge open at last

Hi John, I have just returned from Tahoe, Mono Lake and Yosemite. I had a reservation for Tioga Lodge on Wednesday, but was greeted by the unfortunate news that they could not accept lodgers due to a fire. I believe the fire had occurred a day or two previous in the mountains behind them, and the CDF had hose lines placed around the Lodge in case of a flare up.

Lee Vining was booked full, but the kind folks at Tioga Lodge found us alternate lodging at June Lake. So, I will have to wait to report back on the refurbished Tioga Lodge. It looked inviting, except for the six CDF trucks parked in front.

On a photographic note, Mono Lake, and the lakes on the Loop, are very low due to light snowfall the past two years. The level of Mono is reminiscent of the days when it was being diverted to Los Angeles.

Re: Tioga Lodge open at last

Wow! It has taken all these years to rehab the Tioga Lodge and now a close call with fire!
    I'm sorry to read that your vacation plans had to be changed at the last minute.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White