Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: West Coast LF Gathering?

jetcode

West Coast LF Gathering?

I have noticed that there is a quite a community of Large Format photographers in Northern California, specifically the Bay Area. I am wondering if we could get together for a shoot or social event sometime? I'd like to open the invitation to all West Coast LF folks.

Anyone out there interested?
    Joe Thibodeau - West Marin County

Re: West Coast LF Gathering?

I'd love to, but while I am in Northern CA, I am 275 miles north of the SF Bay Area. But if anyone is heading up to Humboldt County, let me know.

Vaughn

Good idea.

I'd be interested in a half-day, shoot-oriented gathering somewhere in the Bay Area. I live on the Peninsula.

-Vijay

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

I'm involved with a group of about 8 other LF photographers in the Bay Area. We regularly get together for day and weekend shoots at local sites, including Point Reyes, Big Sur, the San Mateo county coast, state parks, etc. Drop me an e-mail if you want me to put you on the list for our next get-together, which should be sometime early next month.
    Brian Vuillemenot

jetcode

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Vuillemenot View Post
    I'm involved with a group of about 8 other LF photographers in the Bay Area. We regularly get together for day and weekend shoots at local sites, including Point Reyes, Big Sur, the San Mateo county coast, state parks, etc. Drop me an e-mail if you want me to put you on the list for our next get-together, which should be sometime early next month.
    sounds good brian - joe

I'd love to be involved with any bay area LF happenings.

Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post
    sounds good brian - joe
    Add my name too!

Asher

I'd love to be involved too - but I travel frequently and may not be always available. Please add me to the list too.

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

Thanks all for your interest. If you want to be added to the e-mail list, e-mail me off the forum, since I won't be sending the group e-mail through the forum. We are planning on getting together along the coast next month. We are also having a get together in Yosemite Valley from May 9-13 if you're interested.
    Brian Vuillemenot

I see more and more groups getting together for photographic outings.(I refuse to use the word "shoots" as that should be reserved for guns.) On the other hand I know that camera clubs are either dead or on their death beds. Originally the clubs were formed to provide opportunities for groups to get together to make and discuss photographs. Then they evolved into monthly and yearly competitions.
    Perhaps the evolvement into highly organized groups with all kinds of rules is the major reason for their demise.

About 2 years ago I started a group consisting primarily of my former students. We meet on an irregular basis to make photographic expeditions, or discuss current work and other photographic topics. Occasionally we wil view the latest potography oriented DVD. There are no dues, no rules other than courtesy, no officers - just a group of people with a common interest. It works for us, perhaps it will work for others.