Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Northern Virginia/Washington, DC

Scott Davis

Re: Northern Virginia/Washington, DC

Hiya Chris. I'm another of the DC photographers. I'd be up for a NoVa get together to shoot as soon as some of this glaciation recently deposited on DC melts off.

Thanks for the invite. Rockville is about 40-50 miles from me, wish it was closer. But, I’m up for a shoot in VA, just need advance warning. It would be great to meet other LF shooter.

Scott Davis

Milton- if DC is a bit closer, a bunch of us make an at least twice-annual pilgrimage to Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens. I'd also be up for doing an excursion down to St. Mary's City or some other points in that area. I know Calvert Cliffs has some potential. There's some really neat stuff between the Bay Bridge and Easton and Cambridge.

S. Md as a few things left. A lot has been bulldozed over for housing developments. There are a number of old small churches, but they are scatted throughout S. Md and need to hit them at the right time of day. Thomas Stone NM, Colonial Farm, Sotterly Plantation, Fort Washington are some other possibilities. Calvert Cliffs, to get to the cliffs you will need to hike about a mile. St. Mary’s City would be a good place. If you want to hookup for St. Mary’s City I’m up for it.

I’ve never been to the Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens and National Arboretum. After commuting 30+ miles to DC for 30 yrs, I like to avoid traffic as much as I can. Yea I know……on the east coast, it’s like trying to avoid air.

Chris_K

Either Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens or the National Arboretum would be very nice settings for LF work. I would be very interested as soon as the weather improves and some spring blossoms appear.

Spring would be good. This mini ice age is getting tiring. As long it’s not windy and/or raining I’m up for a shoot at the aquatic gardens or the arboretum. I just need some advance warning to keep my calendar clear for that day. I’m retired so any day will work for me. It’ll be great to meet other LF devotees.

Anyone around this area still interested in meeting up? I am from the Gaithersburg, MD area and would to connect with anyone shooting LF/MF locally.

Pali

Scott Davis

Hi Pali- there are definitely a bunch of us still fairly active in the area. Activities are not so fully organized, though, so the best thing to do is if there's something you want to do, give a reasonable heads up and put it out there, and it can happen. Organizing photographers in general is like herding cats; organizing large format photographers is like herding cats who are on amphetamines while you are on LSD.

Thank you Scott. I heard from BarryS here who just informed me of a group that meets very close to me on a monthly basis.

BTW, You have an impressive collection of photos on your website and I really enjoyed looking at DC through your photos.

Thanks,

Pali

Chris_K

Hi Scott, Pali, and BarryS,

I would also be interested in meeting with other large format photographers in the DC area.

Best,

Chris