Thread: 5x7 processing in the Denver Area?

5x7 processing in the Denver Area?

New to LF - just curious if anyone has information for 5x7 film processing in the Denver Area? Just bought a Seneca 5x7 to try out LF so I am totally new and ignorant to this - Thanks for your patience.

Re: 5x7 processing in the Denver Area?

Quote Originally Posted by WOLF View Post
    New to LF - just curious if anyone has information for 5x7 film processing in the Denver Area? Just bought a Seneca 5x7 to try out LF so I am totally new and ignorant to this - Thanks for your patience.
    What do you want to process? E6, C41 B&W?

Try Professional Photo Service 6801 S. Emporia St #106 just East of I-25 on Arapahoe. They are in the strip mall on the West side of the street. Turn South on the street past Fay Meyers. Their number is (303) 792 2772. I have had some color work done there. You should be able to do your own B&W. Let me know if I can assist in this regard. Piece of cake. I am at Arapahoe and Parker Road just a bit North of you.

Cheers!

I have heard good things about Denver Pro Photo, but have never used them since I live in Boulder. In Boulder, I use Photocraft and have always been very happy with their service and prices.

The forum just ate my huge post. >:[

I know Reed Photo Imaging will handle 5x7 E6, ask about other processes:

http://www.reedphoto.com/

As suggested, ask Denver Pro Photo.

My favorite by far is Denver Digital Imaging Center (right next to Denver Pro, interestingly...). They do a fantastic job on my 6cm x 7cm roll and 4x5 sheet, again E6. Call and ask if they can accommodate 5x7 in whichever process you intend. They also operate as a process-by-mail outfit and they are extremely fast, which might be handy as you live in Elizabeth.

http://www.theslideprinter.com

Steve Gombosi

Quote Originally Posted by ilikedags View Post
    I have heard good things about Denver Pro Photo, but have never used them since I live in Boulder. In Boulder, I use Photocraft and have always been very happy with their service and prices.
    I'll second the vote for Photocraft in Boulder, although I've only used them for MF and 4x5.

Try dr5. They're on the west side in the area of 8th and Federal. They're in the phone book or see www.dr5.com. They also do B&W reversal with just about any film. Great place.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLF View Post
    I'd encourage you to do it yourself, B&W anyway - I haven't done color.

The key is a roller unit - I use a cheap used Unicolor Uniroller setup with a 8x10 print (print not film) tank. Makes it really easy and doesn't use much chemicals.

Doing it yourself gives you a wide palette of options in order to get the look you're after - and it's fun!

See this thread: http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=38245

Nathan

Just a note for someone reading this thread in the future: Professional Photo on Emporia (where I had my 5x7 and 8x10 E6 done) is no more (for about a year now). They are now the owners of Denver Digital Imaging Center. Great folks.

I had not heard of dr5, thanks Glenn!