Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Looking for Jorge Gasteazoro

Re: Looking for Jorge Gasteazoro

Quote Originally Posted by jetcode View Post
    If I sold the same lens 3 times and never shipped it I would expect a witch-hunt.
    My cause for concern is the fact that he visited the site today & didn't comment here at all. He must know full well what is going on.

I just can't bring myself to believe that Jorge is a thief... there simply must be another explanation.

Cooke, Heliar, Petzval...yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Annie M. View Post
    I just can't bring myself to believe that Jorge is a thief... there simply must be another explanation.
    I totally agree with this statement.
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

FWIW

On the 25th I sent him an email at the last address I had for him. It did not bounce back. I asked him if he was alright and telling him that people on the forum were looking for him. He never responded. He has though, visited the forum since.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

I'll agree that there is a balance to be had in all of this. I gave considerable thought before posting here about this.

One of the several reasons I did was to help others.

Another reason was to speak out against what is wrong.

Stealing is wrong just like adultery is wrong, murder is wrong, and a plethora of other things are wrong. I don't want any harm to come to Jorge in the least. As I said, I have all the grace in the world for him because I, too, have been given much grace.

Sometimes it's good to keep your mouth shut and move on and sometimes it's good to speak out. I felt this was a time to speak out.

Perhaps he hit a skid in his life and this will be the catalyst that helps him...I don't know. Money is all going to burn up one day so I certainly don't worship or devote my life to money.

My motive wasn't to get on here and to cause anything bad to happen to Jorge but unless people speak out against what is wrong and unless we try to love people into doing what is right then everything will just continue to get worse and worse.

Would I like to have my money back? Certainly. However, at the end of the day people are more important than money and camera gear. I just hope Jorge embraces that ideaology too one day and we'll champion the cause together.

Thanks for the support and input on this from any of you guys that have offered it.

I offer my forgiveness to Jorge and hope one day in the future I could call him a brother in Jesus.

If he gives my money back I'll offer 10% to charity and buy Jorge a really expensive Mexican beer.

Happy shooting to all you guys.

With that, I think it has all been said and I am closing this thread.
    Last edited by Kirk Gittings; 28-Jul-2008 at 19:09.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"