Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for Jorge Gasteazoro

Looking for Jorge Gasteazoro

Hello to all,

This is my first post here. I am hoping to get some help finding out about Jorge Gasteazoro. I am hoping to find out if anyone has spoken to him lately. Perhaps he has gotten sick.

Over a month ago I bought some Hasselblad camera equipment from him through eBay. I paid him the money directly via paypal and I've never received it. I sent him the money on June 19, 2008.

I had read some posts from him here and/or on the APUG forum from back in 2006 where he explained he had cancer so I'm wondering if something bad has happened to him or if anyone here knows him personally who can verify his status.

I am certain that being such a prominent member of these forums he didn't simply steal my money so I wanted to inquire here to see if anyone knows if he's okj or what the problem might be. At this point I have filed a claim with paypal and they ruled in my favor but have been unable to rescue the funds for me.

Again, I'm concerned about his health. Initially, he emailed me but since I paid him I have emailed him many many times and even called his telephone number and have not gotten any response.

I'll be very grateful for any feedback or help on this.

Re: Looking for Jorge Gasteazoro

Jorge dropped out of here about a month ago and said he was giving up photography. If he's sick he hasn't mentioned it here. If you search on his name you'll find posts from him relating to his decision to stop photographing, at least for a while.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

jetcode

Hack here is Jorge's member page. There is a email address for him there.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ber.php?u=1881

if that doesn't work file a complaint with Ebay and Paypal

Hack,
    You don't say where you are located but, Jorge lives in and ships from southern Mexico. He would have shipped anything of value in Mexico's "locked bag" post. This does take extra time...

jetcode

Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    Hack,
    You don't say where you are located but, Jorge lives in and ships from southern Mexico. He would have shipped anything of value in Mexico's "locked bag" post. This does take extra time...
    So does entry through customs. Jorge has a reputation for being generous and forthright.

I did file a claim with Paypal. They gave him 10 days to respond and provide proof of shipment. He never did that. They ruled in my favor but when trying to refund the money to me it was not available so they told me I'm out the money for now. I'm in the U.S. If he had proof of shipment he had the opportunity to give it to paypal but declined. That's what's odd and why I wanted to find out if he might be sick or something.

I've emailed him on many occasions and he did reply to me initially and then after I paid him I never heard from him again.

At this point I've exhausted all efforts to get in touch with him so thought maybe you guys know something about him since he's so well known here.

3d Visual Effects artist

does anyone know what city he's in? If so, you can probably find his phone number if it's listed. I can't imagine there would be a whole lot of people with the last name Gasteazoro
    Daniel Buck - 3d VFX artist
    3d work: DanielBuck.net
    photography: 404Photography.net - BuckshotsBlog.com

Jorge lives in Queretaro, Mexico. At least he did a year or so ago when I shipped him some equipment.

Sandy King

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Buck View Post
    does anyone know what city he's in? If so, you can probably find his phone number if it's listed. I can't imagine there would be a whole lot of people with the last name Gasteazoro

Cooke, Heliar, Petzval...yeah

Hack,

First of all, you chose an awfull nick, you didn't use your real name starting this conversation and based on my experience, Jorge is decent guy. So far, I created my picture right now, not favorable to you thus far.

Put aside my view, there are lots of thing they could go wrong i.e., there might be postal address error (happened to me several times).

Keep in mind, he is not gonna do any extra work for you. He will contact you if he gets his gear back. Otherwise, from his point of view, he did what he supposed to do. I can assure you his personality definitely not average but way above.

Btw, do you have a tracking number? If I'd buy Hassy, I get a tracking number then. At least for price you pay, $20 difference is no concern.
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

Hack,

First of all, you chose an awfull nick, you didn't use your real name starting this conversation and based on my experience, Jorge is decent guy. So far, I created my picture right now, not favorable to you thus far.
    I intentionally did not use my name. I don't mind using it but under these circumstances wisdom would dictate that I do not reveal my name at the moment. I will gladly do so in due time. If he has stolen my money there is no wisdom in giving out my name just yet because he also sold several pieces to some other buyers and I don't know if they received their goods either. This way he does not know which buyer has found him out if indeed he has stolen money from multiple buyers. Again, all indications are that he has stolen it but I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and to allow him to defend himself on this public forum if he's still lurking. Someone wrote and said he was on this forum as recently as yesterday so if that's true then why hasn't he come here to defend his name? That's a decent guy? From the posts I've read he doesn't shy away from a good argument so I find it odd that he's not replied to this.

Put aside my view, there are lots of thing they could go wrong i.e., there might be postal address error (happened to me several times).
    And he's had every opportunity ( a month ) to clear this up and simply email me or return my calls to let me know that there has been a problem or that he doesn't have any information. To this point he's not provided any information about the shipment other than to say it would be shipped via FedEx.

Keep in mind, he is not gonna do any extra work for you. He will contact you if he gets his gear back. Otherwise, from his point of view, he did what he supposed to do. I can assure you his personality definitely not average but way above.
    Not do any extra work for me? He has my money and I have no money and no goods. He's not supposed to "do any extra work?" Is replying to my queries extra work? Is returning my phone calls extra work? As I said...I paid him and I've not heard from him one time since in over a month. Paypal has tried to contact him via email and ruled against him on my claim. That's the definition of having a "way above" average personality?
    Btw, do you have a tracking number? If I'd buy Hassy, I get a tracking number then. At least for price you pay, $20 difference is no concern.
    He never provided a tracking number. He only said, "It will ship FedEx" and I never heard from him again. I paid plenty of shipping costs to cover Express shipping with full insurance and I've still received nothing but a declaration from paypal that my money is lost to an apparent theft unless he can provide other information to clear up this matter. I hope he does and will be glad to be wrong in the assumption that he's stolen my money.
    Last edited by hackphotographer; 25-Jul-2008 at 08:56. Reason: typo