Thread: Upcoming show in Michigan: Lake Effect

Upcoming show in Michigan: Lake Effect

I know there aren't many Large Format members in the Cross Village area but some of you like to travel to the tip of the mitt on occasion. My first solo exhibit opens at Three Pines Studio on August 2nd with a reception from 2-7pm. I'm very excited about sharing this body of work from my hometown. Come by and have a look.

http://www.vinnywalsh.com/News.htm

vinny

Widows and Orphans Beware

Re: Upcoming show in Michigan: Lake Effect

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    I know there aren't many Large Format members in the Cross Village area . . .
    Says who!?

Well, ok, I may be in NY/NJ for eleven months of the year, but every August I pack up, in order of importance, the photo gear, dog and kids and for the annual trek to the greater Cheboygan metropolitan area where we spend four glorious weeks in the ancestral log cabin. We always make it to Cross Village at least once because there's no better Polish food in the world than at Leggs Inn.

I've already put August 2 in the calendar and look forward to seeing you then.

Mike

Congratulations, Vinny: it was fun to meet you in June and I wish I could make the trip back up there for your show. Being in your home town, I'm sure it has a lot of meaning for you.

Mike
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_4514 View Post
    Says who!?

Well, ok, I may be in NY/NJ for eleven months of the year, but every August I pack up, in order of importance, the photo gear, dog and kids and for the annual trek to the greater Cheboygan metropolitan area where we spend four glorious weeks in the ancestral log cabin. We always make it to Cross Village at least once because there's no better Polish food in the world than at Leggs Inn.

I've already put August 2 in the calendar and look forward to seeing you then.

Mike
    Wow, there just might be a crowd of us! Make sure you introduce yourself. I'll be the guy with the name tag and a cold beer.
    Sorry but my mother makes better Polish food than Legs.

I was lucky enough to see a grouping of Vinny's work at photostock.

His colour prints are spectacular and well worth seeing.

good luck with your show.

See you there Vinny!

Geez you scared me - I thought it said "Upcoming snow in Michigan." I was hoping it was an old thread from January.

Congratulations on the show! Too bad no-one in the state has a job anymore. Makes it hard to sell art work.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael T. Murphy View Post
    Geez you scared me - I thought it said "Upcoming snow in Michigan." I was hoping it was an old thread from January.

Congratulations on the show! Too bad no-one in the state has a job anymore. Makes it hard to sell art work.

Good luck!
    That's why they got into photography with all that time on their hands.

I wish I could break away and come up too, we'll see. Sure would be cool to meet some of the "heavy hitters" from the Michigan area.
    Greg Lockrey

Wealth is a state of mind.
    Money is just a tool.
    Happiness is pedaling +25mph on a smooth road.

Thanks guys! I look forward to meeting anyone who can make the trek up there. Send me an email if you're around earlier in the week and maybe you can join us for a shoot, either guns or cameras.
    vinny

Widows and Orphans Beware

The exhibition was fantastic. Vinnie's photos are amazing. I'm not sure whether I'm more inspired or intimidated by them. Vinnie, I enjoyed meeting you and your wife, as well as a couple of other large formatters who showed up, notably Jim and Mary Ann. Keep up the good work!

Mike