Allow me to step on myself here!

The value of a hand made print is of primary importance (or "value" in this case) to two people---

1)The photographer who made the print because that is the way
"a" photographer really wants to produce "this" photograph.

2) The viewer who appreciates the manual effort put out by the artist in working by hand to produce "this" particular photograph.

If either the artist or the viewer doesn't value that reality, then that particular value isn't of any greater value than any other form of printing.

Should this be of any great concern? Well, yes and no. For the hand printer, "yes" because printing using conventional methods is an act of intimacy IMHO, more so than a manipulation using machines that are far more complex than a simple enlarger or contact frame.

For the viewer, most likely "no" unless there is some "connection" with the photographer or the time when the photograph was crafted and it means something to the viewer that the artist "made" the print with his or her own hands. If the value of an image is based solely on content and not a personal connection or appreciation then there would not be any added value from being a hand made print that I can see.

My opinion and it's worth just about what you paid me for it!