Thread: Jan Pietrzak at Freestyle

Jan Pietrzak at Freestyle

Hi all...

I recommend that anyone in the LA area stop in at Freestyle to see Jan's platinum/palladium prints in the gallery. I visited on Saturday morning and loved his work, beautifully printed, beautifully presented and framed. I saw some of these prints at a Per Volquartz get-together about 18 months ago and it was a pleasure to see them again.

Freestyle also has some incredible prints hanging in the hallway outside the gallery and in the conference room. It's worth the trip to see the Ray McSavaney prints alone. There are two florals that will take your breath away and a factory interior (from his book Explorations) that will make you stare for a long time wondering how he did it. I'm convinced he is one of the great masters of printing. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in his darkroom...

Re: Jan Pietrzak at Freestyle

Yesssss! I got to go to the artist's reception. His work is amazing. What sticks out in my mind is the delicacy of his work...beautiful!!!! If any of you has a chance to take a pt/pd class from him, do it! He's a wonderful teacher as well as a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by PViapiano View Post
    Hi all...

I recommend that anyone in the LA area stop in at Freestyle to see Jan's platinum/palladium prints in the gallery. I visited on Saturday morning and loved his work, beautifully printed, beautifully presented and framed. I saw some of these prints at a Per Volquartz get-together about 18 months ago and it was a pleasure to see them again.
    Thanks for the notice! I cannot believe we missed the opening! How long is the show? Were people buying?

Asher

Asher...

The show is up until Aug 14th...

I met Jan a few years ago at Per Volquart's house and he brought a portfolio of platinum 4x5 contact prints. They were very inspiring and like little jewels.

Alan.