A while ago I brought an Epson 4490 Scanner, the product spec mentions that I should be able to scan in Large Format Negatives (Spec Attached) but when I discussed this with Epson, they got rather nasty with there replys. They claimed that I was using some strange site, untill I proved to them that it was the official UK site at which point they appolagised to me, and said that they would change the wording on the site!

But non the less, I am now in the situation that I am unable to scan in Large Format Negatives!

What are my options?

Would it be better for me to Contact Print the negative and scan the image in, or should I make a holder for the Negative and scan it in, in sections and use something like CS3 and somehow stitch the negative back together!

I do not have the funds to buy another scanner, and do not have access to the colleges facilities to scan the images in!

This was part posted on a thread I hi-jacked, but thought I should start the thread from new in case other people required similar information!