Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is View Camers Magazine still available?

View Camera Magazine

Did the September/October issue of View Camera Magazine reach your mail boxes yet? I have not received mine and a call to the office was unsuccesfull.
    Thanks.

jan

Re: View Camera Magazine

Most recent I've received is the 7/8-08 issue.

Eric Biggerstaff

I don't have mine yet but usually it arrives to my home here in Colorado around the 20th of the month, so I expect it shortly.
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

I was curious as well as to where my Sept/Oct issue was and was told there was a delay in the printing and that the issue should have hit the mail on the 16th or 17th.

Per Publisher Steve Simmons ... "View Camera is in the mail and will be reaching its subscribers shortly. If anyone has a concern about their subscription, or if anyone wants to know what we are up to they can check the web site" www.viewcamera.com

I checked the web site ... and it's all there. Also got a quick response when I emailed.

Had no problem contacting them ...

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the email address for them: amiles@viewcamera.com

Haven't seen it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Don Nelson

I am a charter subscriber.

Over the years, delivery has varied.
    Best case has always been the middle of the first month of issue.
    Sometimes (more often then I'd like) I have received my issue in the middle of the second month of issue.

So, patience. ....I know I'm waiting for mine as of today 22 Sept not in the PO Box.

Steve will get it to you. He's always been reliable and hasn't screwed any customers that I know of (and yes, I had problems when he first started...he lost my subscription after the third issue....was a hassle to get it straightened out way back in 1989.)

I agree with Eric, the post talks about delivery. I don't see much advantage in talking about personalities IMHO. Heck, I'm still trying to get to some of the articles in VC from last year so I'm in no rush for a new issue. Come to think of it - I don't think I got to supper last night - had to deal with a flooded darkroom.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

The magazine will likely be in the box shortly. I am sure that there wil be no holds barred here if this is not the case.

The moderators have things well under control and speculating as to any decision they made for the integrity of this venue are entirely meaningless as to the who and why. There are many active prior participants that have moved on for a myriad of reasons at the same time new players are continually coming on board. Really no big deal at all as life goes on very efficiently.

At the end of the day we should all feel free to interact freely on the subject of LF photography here without inhibition. Leaving out the personal issues and prior hiistory is highly recommended while recognizing that having a difference of opinion on any subject is important and necessary. Participants can sort out the details for themselves very effectively.

Several things I have learned here over the last few years. If you are not learning you are not challenging yourself and "growing". Secondly, the lounge is a place that rational people learn to stay away from. Obviously, those that continue to vent in this arenas are not being very productive in the real world or are exposing much sheet film. We all make choices for various reasons as this is a free country. Lastly, it is far better to be part of the solution and thinking carefully about your post as opposed to being a piss ant and letting your emotion run your commentary.

Onward!