Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Threats=Bans

Re: Threats=Bans

I'd kill anyone who would threaten you Kirk!

Ehh I know I have "out of step" politics, enjoy a good debate, and sometimes egg people on, but outside of the Lounge it's been mostly civil here, far better than other photo forums I've seen. It wasn't the case a few years ago with the Underground Leica Forum I did (Ralph B. remembers) -- after six months I shut it down because crazies were calling on the phone and sending nasty messages.

No reason to get so worked up as to threaten anyone. Fry 'em like bacon.

What disgraceful and cowardly behavior! I'm surprised there is anyone like that here. I support you 100% Kirk!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Anyone can have a bad day and a meltdown, but nothing excuses personal threats.

The vast majority of members appreciate what a wonderful resource this site is and more importantly they appreciate the dedication of the moderators.

Kirk, though these occasions are always unfortunate, I'm glad to see all the support coming your way on this one. It's impossible to dismiss a threat of any kind as "impulsive" or "careless" -- you have to take it seriously. You can't really tell what someone online is capable or incapable of doing. And if you should happen to know the individual well enough to know that he/she needs to be stopped, more power to you and the more justified your decision is -- it may spare someone else from becoming the next target.

Too many have been hurt or worse by dismissing or underestimating any variety of madness... you've done the right thing, and the wholehearted support here says it all. Hang in there.

Man, some people take life FAR too seriously...as to threaten someone?
    Sheez!

How ridiculous!

I'd ban them immediately and permanently. If someone can't express themselves without resorting to threats of violence, I don't want associate with them.

Life is too short.

My 2 cents.
    Kino
    We never have time to do it right, but we always seem to have time to do it again...

Dave Karp

I think you were extremely generous with the short suspension. Without researching, the perpetrator likely violated one or more laws in making the threat, and is lucky that you do not seek some sort of prosecution.

A permanent ban would have been reasonable.

First, I've met Kirk out in N.M. and while I'm fat, mean and ugly I wouldn't mess with him. Second, even after some heated discussion and political differences there isn't anyone on this exchange I wouldn't be thrilled to spend time with picture taking. Esp Kirk. What nonsence. After all this is only a big camera club. Good grief!

Kirk, you are being kind with only 30 days. An outright ban would be appropriate if you chose to take that route. No need to put up with that kind of s**t from anyone, forum or otherwise.