Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Photoclam Multiflex - Arca Swiss C1 Cube clone

Photoclam Multiflex - Arca Swiss C1 Cube clone

I've been using the Photoclam Multiflex head with a digital SLR (real estate photogaphs) and have been very happy with it. It was shipped in a box that was intended for their ball head. I just received a phone call from a woman in New York saying that they didn't include a pouch when I bought it but they are going to send one to me.

It will probably be easier to buy the Multiflex head in the US now. Her phone no. is 210-220-0609

For architectural photography, the Multiflex head has been a great time saver. My experience with my digital SLR and a ball head is that I often don't have the camera leveled accurately. The Multiflex head has eliminated that problem and has been a joy to use.

I haven't had my Canham LF out taking pictures since I got the head but simple testing in my home makes me believe the head will be a great choice.

Reposting the link to the mfg
    http://www.photoclam.co.kr/html/prod...nfo.htm?key=48

-jeff keller

Re: Photoclam Multiflex - Arca Swiss C1 Cube clone

Jeff, I have had a B2 since 1996 and have had multiple copies of all formats on it. Never once have I had a level problem.

WOW what a sweet ride pictured there. If I rush out and buy that tripod head right now maybe one day I'll be able to get myself a super hot p***y wagon like that one. Hey don't laugh, I can dream can't I ?

With a LF camera the image is much larger so it is easier to tell when the camera is level. I don't remember as many problems with 35mm film as I have with the dSLR.

Probably 80% of the time when I adjust the digital SLR image I have to rotate the image about 1 degree clockwise. Perhaps my sense of balance is off or the viewing image on the digital SLR is somehow slightly rotated. The bubbles on the Multiflex head seem to give me a perfectly aligned image. The hotshoe bubble level didn't seem to work as well so I didn't always use it.

For landscapes I seldom noticed a problem. With the real estate images there always seemed to be a straight line that was off. The time savings is what drove me to pay for the head. Now that I've been using it, I think the ease of operation could justify it. I've used an Acratech head for years which I'm very happy with ... smooth operation, light weight, very stable. The ease of adjusting the Multiflex head means I will carry it whenever weight isn't quite important.

The

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Fisher View Post
    Jeff, I have had a B2 since 1996 and have had multiple copies of all formats on it. Never once have I had a level problem.

Hopelessly Lost

Jeff,

How much did you pay for the PhotoClam (one hell of a name too).
    www.hollisbennett.com

Huh? Oh, right, keep moving.

Yeah.. I have been looking at one of those myself. But my short time budget likely wont afford one till late fall, so I may get a Manafroto 410 in the interim.
    Søren

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." -Douglas Adams-

I have the C1 and boy this thing looks a direct rip off. Perhaps Arca didnt patent their head.

If it works similar to the AS - I couldnt recommend it any higher. What a great tool.

Martin Vogt (Arca Swiss) told me that they do international patents on every last thing they offer for sale. I emailed him the first photos of this Photoclam and he said it was actually one of his heads in the advert. I have been using one of the C1s for about 2 years and it may be the best photo device I have bought..Evan Clarke

ohhh this looks cool.
    how much is this baby?

798000 Korean Won is the list price. That is about US$769.

Jason.