I have yet to jump into large format photography only because I am not sure what camera I need(want) to purchase for my photographic style.

I would love to hear from local Sydney and Australian LF photographers and their experiences and advice.

I am primarily looking for a light-weight 4x5 camera that I can use for general photography, including landscapes, street, and portraits. I am currently shooting medium-format almost exclusively and would like to replace my medium-format camera with a 4X5 camera. I travel by bicycle 90% of the time so I need to be able to fit the camera in a pannier along with a few film holders. I would want to be able to use the camera hand-held at times and at other times on a tripod.

I already shoot B&W almost exclusively and have been developing my film for a years, so I am fairly well prepared to deal with sheet film on the development front. I do not have a darkroom yet, but I am hoping to change that in the near future.

I would be looking to use Nikkor lenses if possible, a relatively fast normal and wide angle would be my first purchase. Then possibly a short telephoto for portraits.

My father used to shoot a mono-rail many years ago in the studio and for landscapes and architectural work, but that was so long ago that I have forgotten most everything I learned.

So any advice and input would be greatly appreciated,