Thread: Viewfinder for toyo Field camera.

Viewfinder for toyo Field camera.

Normally I use a Toyo field camera AII with the tripod but now with the restriction in several place of the use of the camera with the tripod ( "not flash o tripod please" ) i would like to experiment the use of the camera “bay hand” at least when I can use the infinity distance or when I can guess the iperfocal distance . The problem is the viewfinder (the use of the standard glass is very difficult with the camera without the tripod) . Some suggestion ???

Tanks for your help

Giorgio

Re: Viewfinder for toyo Field camera.

Linhof Multifocus Viewfinder, although the parallax compensation would not be accurate.

You might consider our Fotoman VF, but it has no parallax compensation... so the closer you focus the less accurate it will be. At longer distances, or with wider lenses, it will be acceptably close. You could also mount one of our HFM's to a lens board... pull the standard to the infinity stop, and then use the calibrated HFM for closer focussing. And rather then guessing the distance, why not add one of our Auxiliary Rangefinders.

Surely not as svelte as a cammed Linhof... but as close as you're likely get with your Toyo.

Tanks

Very good suggestion. I have a look to the website of Fotoman .Nobody in Italy is selling it but i see that I can find the viewfinder and/or the rangefinder in England and in France.

The Linhof idea is very good too but ,maybe, a little bit expensive at lest for a Toyo.

Giorgio

http://cgi.ebay.com/Leica-Imarect-fi...QQcmdZViewItem
    It's marked for 35mm lenses, but you can adjust it for whatever your lens is on your Toyo. Slides right into the accessory shoe.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_1856 View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Leica-Imarect-fi...QQcmdZViewItem
    It's marked for 35mm lenses, but you can adjust it for whatever your lens is on your Toyo. Slides right into the accessory shoe.
    But it is a 35mm frame format not a 4x5 so it will always be either too narrow or too long depending on whether you are composing for the length or the width of the image. It simply shows an area that is not proportional to a 4x5 image. It would work better with the 5x7 format.

Picky, picky, picky.
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Would it work to mount a viewfinder from a Crown or Speed Graphic on top? They're definitely 4x5.

If you can find a scrap body or someone with a parts body from whom you can buy, take both the finder and the mount plate. Screw the plate onto you camera and slap in the finder and I think you'll good to go.

Tim
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg