Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: efke 25

Re: efke 25

I once asked EFKE what the term "orthopanchromatic" meant, and, IIRC, the response was that such films most closely resemble human seeing in its color response. I gues in ye oldene dayz we would have termed it a Type B emulsion, without the extended red sensistivity of the Type C films, like, I think, Tri-X, Ansco Super Hypan, etc. etc. Or is it the other way around(vbg)

I would definitely give it a try. Nice film in pyrocat MC. The EFKE 100 and 25 are different films. Both nice for different SBR situations.

Will never go back to another film. I like the 25 but I use the ISO 100. Yeah, there's coating problems here and there, but sometimes it can add something to a print. I use it (PL 100) exclusively on medium format, 5x7, and 11x14. Pleased as punch. Use Rodinal 1:100; if you don't have the patience for 20 mins dev, use 1:50. As someone else pointed out, be gentle. It does scratch easily. But boy is it awesome film!

Cheers!
    --A

EFKE 25 emulsion was soft stuff. I started using the 35mm version (KB25) when Jessops started to re-import it. I believe there was quite a bit of discussion about it in Amateur Photographer.
    I found out the hard way that the emulsion was very soft. I used a hardening fixer, which solved the problem.
    I had a lot of problems with development until I discovered Rodinal.
    This was only in recent times, so I used Orwo NP15 till that disappeared along with East Germany.
    Today I use R09, which is the original recipie of Rodinal. It gives great results with Efke 25.
    The only problem I ever had with using EFKE PL25 (4x5) was finding any grain with the magnifier to focus the enlarger.