Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Badlands and Black Hills of South Dakota

Re: Badlands and Black Hills of South Dakota

I'd really love to go back to Devils Tower again, now that I know which end of my 4x5 is which. It's a really amazing place, from what I remember of my trip there 3 years ago.

Anybody know of any "real" ghost towns in that area? You know, like the Bodie of South Dakota?

- Jeff

Andrew Moxom

Jeff, great to meet you and Eva at Bill's gathering! As for Ghost towns, I have not seen any in SD. It does not mean there aren't any though! There is the area along I-90 that has the film set from Dances with Wolves in it. Old and weathered buildings etc, that could be made interesting. I've never stopped there, but have pased it many times and it did not seem busy. also check out this site:- http://www.ghosttowns.com/ and then enter in South Dakota. A ton of locations come up!

Hey Andy,

Good to meet you too. We had so much fun and already miss being up in the woods with new friends and lots of mosquitos.

Thanks for the link - I will have to check that out. I figure, with all the gold prospecting that used to happen in that area, there has to be some old buildings worth shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by jbannow View Post
    Anybody know of any "real" ghost towns in that area? You know, like the Bodie of South Dakota?

- Jeff
    http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/sd/sd.html