Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Convert color to B&W vs shooting B&W?

Glenn Mellen

Re: Convert color to B&W vs shooting B&W?

Quote Originally Posted by robert amsden View Post
    Digital photography is an abomination to St.Ansel ,saint Edward & saint Brett.
    When did Ansel get demoted to Saint?

"Digital photography is an abomination to St.Ansel ,saint Edward & saint Brett."

You don't know your scriptures very well in St. Ansel's case. He said many times in his later days how he was looking forward to digital photography developments. He had already been utilizing some proto digital printing techniques by using digital unsharp mask to sharpen the foreground of Moonrise in the last poster series and was impressed with where that technology was going. IMO given his enthusiasm for experimentation and pushing boundaries, he would have been in the thick of digital photography, pushing its aesthetic and technical qualities and we would all have benefited from his involvement immensely. Now whether he would have found current technology up to his exhibition standards yet is another question. but whether he would be working on it? I personally have no doubt. Of course at well over 100 years old now.......he might not have been working on much.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings View Post
    "Digital photography is an abomination to St.Ansel ,saint Edward & saint Brett."

You don't know your scriptures very well in St. Ansel's case. He said many times in his later days how he was looking forward to digital photography developments. He had already been utilizing some proto digital printing techniques by using digital unsharp mask to sharpen the foreground of Moonrise in the last poster series and was impressed with where that technology was going. IMO given his enthusiasm for experimentation and pushing boundaries, he would have been in the thick of digital photography, pushing its aesthetic and technical qualities and we would all have benefited from his involvement immensely. Now whether he would have found current technology up to his exhibition standards yet is another question. but whether he would be working on it? I personally have no doubt. Of course at well over 100 years old now.......he might not have been working on much.
    I absolutely agree with you Kirk, someone with his passion and desire to explore and understand would have definitely pushed the limits of digital photography...

Check out this BW conversion software. Complete Control for Professional Quality
    Black & White. Something worth trying the free trial:

http://www.niksoftware.com/silverefexpro/usa/entry.php