Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Emulsion Magazine

Cooke, Heliar, Petzval...yeah

Emulsion Magazine

What's up with Emulsion magazine?
    I subscribed for two years and received first two issues but since then, nothing.

I red somewhere they have had some technical issues or so but... does anyone received any subscripions recently?

Thanks.
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

Clay

Re: Emulsion Magazine

My skeptical side tells me that we'd better just write this little adventure off to experience.

I haven't heard anything from Aggie's son in a very long time... I have no idea how Aggie is.. last I heard though, she was very, very ill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotah Jackson View Post
    Ill is not an excuse. Not when the masthead shows a number of capable people involved. Not when we were told that up to 4 more issues were already laid out and ready to go to the printers. Not when many paid for one or two years, were promised magazines and nothing comes.
    This isn't a bloody cold here, Dakotah, this was life threatening illness #1. And #2, several people on this and other reputable forums are and have been friends with Aggie and know her very well. My former editor Steve Anchell knew Aggie and although they had a falling out, he knew she was not a swindler or thief. I think this is a story of someone got too sick to run a magazine probably made up of mostly volunteers. Probably many of them are in the same boat you are and have no idea what's going on. I do wish there would be some kind of formal announcement about it, though.

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by SAShruby View Post
    What's up with Emulsion magazine?
    I subscribed for two years and received first two issues but since then, nothing.

I red somewhere they have had some technical issues or so but... does anyone received any subscripions recently?

Thanks.
    i think a lot of people are wondering the same thing ...

Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    i think a lot of people are wondering the same thing ...
    yup. i am glad i played(paid) it slow......only lost an issue or two.....
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Clay

I think we all made a non-tax deductible donation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ill is not an excuse. Not when the masthead shows a number of capable people involved. Not when we were told that up to 4 more issues were already laid out and ready to go to the printers. Not when many paid for one or two years, were promised magazines and nothing comes.
    The real problems?
    First... it comes out of Utah, the fraud capitol of the US. Currently there is one major swindler (23Million $$$) and it looks as if he will not even get jail time. The FBI calls Utah the Fraud Capitol. Jake Garn, co-author of the Garn-StGermain bill came up with it in Utah. (you remember this, S&L scandal and Billions in Federal bailout money... and they did not go after anyone who "only" too $5 million or less) Utah is the home of more multi-level marketing scams than you can count.

Looks as if this is another idea that might fall under the scam title as the money was paid but the product is not coming and no money seems to be coming back to those who paid.

Come on, all who were on the editorial team, get with it, raise the money and pay back every dollar of the subscription price collected. To do less is fraud, conspiracy to commit fraud and just plain greed on the part of all who received the money and did not deliver.

Missing a deadline or two is understandable but missing a year or so is not. Failing to answer for the money collected is not. Take the money and run.... Utah business as usual. Now all we need is to find that this bunch is using the money to support their extra seven Fundamentalist Mormon wives and 32 kids.

Here let me shout it a little louder for you.

You need professional help; Psychiatric.

That whole Utah bit was surreal.

To even compare Aggie to money swindlers and con artists is a bit troubling in my mind. The woman got severely sick.

Not that's it's right, but how many of you subscribed to Photovision? Steve Anchell once told me that when Photovision folded, the publisher didn't refund any of the subscriptions to people.

It is your money -- believe me, I'm very late with my own subscriptions, but I have been in contact with my subscribers and they know what's going on. At the same time, Aggie was severely ill. In the hospital, last I heard, about to undergo a major procedure.

To be honest, I don't even know if Aggie is still alive. I certainly hope so, because it takes a lot of guts to start a niche magazine and that's a woman I'd love to meet one day.