Thread: Howdy from Delaware

Howdy from Delaware

Hi all. My name is Chris. I have been a film photographer for about twenty years. 35mm mostly, medium format for the last five years. Black and white only for the last two. Processing my own B&W since February. Have owned someone else's Aletta 4x5, a Polaroid 545 holder, a box of P/N for about a month and my first lens, a 140mm Ernemann f/8 showed up today. I am definitely going to commit to big in the future but this is just a very BASIC start. But today I sat outside and looked through the viewfinder at the scene before me, watching the trees wave in the wind and the vibrant colors on the ground glass. Same thing I thought about processing when I finally did it.

"What was I waiting for?"

Howdy.
    Thanks.
    CW

Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee. - The Yeti

Re: Howdy from Delaware

Do they actually say "Howdy" in Delaware?
    Howdy, Chris!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Welcome aboard and howdy back. Howdy being a universal greeting of course John.

Well at least I didn't get a howdy doody! Thank you. Name looks familiar. You APUG or CIM or betterphoto or anything like that I might know you from? Just seem familiar.
    Thanks.
    CW

Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee. - The Yeti

35mm is good for landscapes and townscapes. I swap lenses a lot like it's a big 35mm, but with 3 or 4 lenses it's a ton. Good that the focus and aperture rings turn the same way as my Pentax 35mm kit. Good too that laymen or officials tend to mistake it for an "ordinary" (35mm SLR) camera, not a "professional" Hassel or Bronica with possible problems.
    Pity the back is not interchangeable, hence no digital option. Can be fiddly to load, especially to get the new full reel engaged in its spigots. It is a bit too electronic - needs the battery. But I am comparing it here with my LX - with which SLRs reached perfection!
    JWP

JWP,
    Huh? What?? Did I miss something???
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Yeah. Wuh?!?
    Thanks.
    CW

Chris,
    Nice work on your website!
    Cool images everyone---take a gander!
    (do people in California actually say gander? I do! )

Sorry, been away for a bit. Ain't gandered none in a while. Thank you for the remarks, John.
    Thanks.
    CW