Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: View Camera

Re: View Camera

I like viewing my magazines on quality paper fresh off the printer's press. I spend way too much time working on a computer that when I relax, it is not with a computer, but on a lounger on my screen porch with books in hand and doggies sleeping close by. I have been a long time subscriber and intend on keeping it that way. I venture into my local Borders a few times every month and would miss not seeing VC there. Thanks Steve for keeping up the good work and also for updating VC options for others. First Class postage would be a nice option, but I can live without it.

Best,
    Darr

Re: View Camera The people have spoken!

I think Steve has the answer he needed and a very strong response at that!
    I think more folks are concern about getting hard copies of the magazine then anything else. Thats a strong statement.

Jim Ewins

I have not renewed my subscription as too many of the photographer's work doesn't please me. Too many of the article heap sweetening praise on the featured photographer. I would scan the articles of interest but don't wish to pay for the paper and cost of mailing of those I would not. I'd consider a on-line version.

I do appreciate the effort Steve puts into his work. Jim

Jim Ewins

I think Frank Petronio has some good ideas. I like the thought of printing out those articles of interest.

OK, here are some more thoughts

We will build a set of back articles in PDF format on the web site. We will separate articles into categories - lenses, darkroom techniques, camera reviews, view camera techniques, etc.

These articles will be accessible for a subscription fee. For the first few months subscribers will have free access and non-subscribers will have an annual fee.

This will start late Fall of 08. If possible we will start the program earlier.

View Camera will continue to be available as a hard copy. For the time being subscription prices will remain the same. Retail price may go up in the near future.

steve simmons

I will talk to my web person this week about beginning to post some older articles in the Subscriber's Section of the web site. We will do so as described above.

steve simmons

I have only gotten information about LF mostly online. And today, a good friend and subscriber of VC magazine sent me his back issues thru a relative visiting here from the states. Very nice magazine. I hope i could find a way of getting the current issues here.

Ari

We have an online subscription for people overseas. It is 25/year/six issues and you can download the material from the web site.

steve simmons

An other vote for hard copy. (AU) it's a lot nicer to peruse the images and share, with hard copy than screen. Try it some time, a beverage of choice an out in the afternoon sun on a lazy afternoon.
    Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure... Life is either daring adventure or nothing: Helen Keller.

Mainline Photo is our distributor in that part of the world

sales@mainlinephoto.com.au

thanks

steve