Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: View Camera

Re: View Camera

This last issue of View Camera was my first. It probably won't be my last. If this has been a online only mag, I probably wouldn't have bothered with it. I prefer to have a real paper & ink mag to a PDF file any day.

I will wait for more comments and I appreciate the time people are taking to complete this very informal poll.

So, you prefer a hard copy.

Any interest in also having an online version available?

How about a 1st class sub?

steve

Can a person buy one issue from you directly? If so, what does it cost?

And how about a lifetime subscription that would provide the subscriber with both print and an online version?

Your lifetime or mine - I'm a 49er.

Yes on buying direct from us

6.95 plus postage

steve

well...i am a 69er....no dirty jokes please.

you decide, but it might be worth looking into

Quote Originally Posted by steve simmons View Post
    We always announce our issues here and on our web site.

If you buy 4 issues a year at 6.95 plus tax if there is any you are paying more than you would for a subscription that would get you six issues a year. You are also giving minimal support to the bookstore, a lot of support to the distributor and almost nothing to View Camera. You lose, we lose and the distributor wins. It just depends on whom you want to support.

steve simmons
    I don't see this as who wins or loses. I see it as my right to choose. I support photography in my own way. You can ask any Portland Photographers Forum member. You can ask many photographers I that I have had the pleasure working with. PPF supports photography by giving cameras to schools, students and help other fine art organization, by organizing photo events, workshops, and donating photographs to universities and to the Portland Art Museum.
    I support View Camera, Lenswork, Focus, B&W and Photoshop Users magazines when people ask me which magazine they should look into. But, I always tell them buy a few copies before commiting to a subscriptions.
    I will always support photography!

Again, you are paying more and giving most of the money to the distributor. Yes, you can choose where you give the money.

steve

Though I work with computers all day long, then do my photography on the computer, when I read a magazine, I like holding paper. Plain and simple. I've bought PDF books and the first thing I do is print them out. Too many photons entering my eyes already.
    Laurent

Steve, very timely thread. How do I get View Camera in the uk? Real, that is,on paper. Don't really enjoy rying to 'read' a computer.

I subscribe to several magazines that come four or six times a year. The one thing they have in common is that little of the content is time sensitive. The classified section in those has pretty much dried up or gone on line. An improvement in delivery would not be worth the increase in price. I prefer paper to on-line to the extent that I doubt I would subscribe if on-line were the only choice.

John