Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: !!!WANTED!!! -> Pinkham and Smith 14" Bi-Quality F4.5

Re: !!!WANTED!!! -> Pinkham and Smith 14" Bi-Quality F4.5

Quote Originally Posted by wfwhitaker View Post
    Sorry Percival. He's already married.
    So am I... and I have six children

Oh... Sorry, I am probably interrupting one of your many (endeavors) I mean scripts now am I .... Furthermore, considering your extraordinary efforts, it wouldn't be fair to brake the spirit or God forbid the rhythm of your mischievous plot?

Does anybody know who purchased this one on ebay... looks like a very good QUALITY!!!

You're very excitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You're very excitable.
    Perhaps more than a little, but can you blame me Folks here have tons of experience so if they don't now nothing about it... than I'm fine with that, hehehehehe!

Jenks, Oklahoma and Domazan, Gard, France

Hi, It's Tom Thomas again, back after a year of odd distracting experiences that took priority over my camera hobby. Like helping my son paint the outside of his house in Sept/Oct, vacation to France to settle mother-in-law in assisted center last November, Ice storm in December, epidural steroid shots in lumbar vertebrae at XMAS and after, all kinds of diagnostic tests for nerve related health problems, hail storm in April resulting in new roof and many appts with roofers. Summer lawn care, fall leaf raking, laying tile and flooring at son's house, painting, etc.

Phew, now I have a moment to discuss selling my LF lenses including a Pinkham Bi-Quality 14-inch that Caracalla is seeking.

For Caracalla, I did sent you a private message last week about the lens but haven't had a reply. Perhaps because I came out of the blue with my message after such a long absence and you don't feel comfortable about it. I'll let you have first crack at it should you still be interested. As I mentioned to you, I'll accept what Igor of Igor's Camera's offered me wholesale for it. If you are still on the forum and received my email, contact me and I'll give you my asking price. I think you will be surprised at it.

The lens is not "mint" as someone mentioned about those at Lens and Repro but it has been gently used by a professional studio photographer and the barrel has been rubbed a bit with minor wear scratches on the lens cap. The lens appears clear, aperature is smooth throughout it's range. The lens is mounted on one very heavy chunk of wood then attached to a standard backplate. I guess the previous owner must have supported it with a tripod under the bellows.

I'd originally posted photos of it back on Sep 14th but will attach a couple again as it's easier than describing the mounting it has.

In the photo of the lens cap taken through the lens, you can see the minor scratches on the lens cap clearly. Guess that shows just how clear the lens really is too.

I'm also ready to sell my Verito 8 3/4", and the other lenses I have. Mine doesn't have the ding for $895 like the one for sale at Lens and Repro. Plus it has some accessories like extension tube, filter mounts and glare shield.

As I'd mentioned back in September, I'm not a large format photographer, I just lucked into these lenses at an auction.

I did finally open a Paypal account too which will make me feel more comfortable and I hope you guys too when selling/buying. Will speed up shipment too.

It's Veteran's Day and to you veterans like myself, I thank you for serving. I served nearly 21 years in US Air Force. Oh, I did spend last Thanksgiving Day in France with the US Marines lying at Belleau Wood today. What a beautiful and well-maintained cemetery and monument. They rest in American soil too as it was brought from the US for the cemetery. I did get a couple nice photos.

Jenks, Oklahoma and Domazan, Gard, France

Oh, I forgot to mention. Mine is machined with number 114 at the top of the barrel behind the aperature ring. I guess this is the serial number.

Tom Thomas

How much are you selling it for?

Anyone else looking for one of these? PM me for details.

The question probably should be, "is anyone not looking for one of these..."

as they said on the news - now is the time to buy a house, a car... a Pinkham...

PINKHAM BI-QUALITY 14" on ebay