Page 109 of 274 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 2737

Thread: post your Architecture photographs!

Re: post your Architecture photographs!

Bradley - very cool.

Some views of 88 Wood Street, with Toyo VX-125b, Fuji 160, 72mm SA. The first one took 3 different visits and 5 different shots to get right.

I think the colours are not right in these but I like them as they are...

Quote Originally Posted by spkennedy3000 View Post
    Some views of 88 Wood Street, with Toyo VX-125b, Fuji 160, 72mm SA. The first one took 3 different visits and 5 different shots to get right.
    A great result in the end, though, especially (for me) the 1st and 3rd ones. These remind me of a problem I've never resolved for myself: what to do about extraneous elements like streetlights and signs, which inevitably intrude into the edges of my architectural shots. We can sometimes Photoshop them into oblivion in a hybrid process, but that doesn't feel quite legitimate. What is the canonical solution? Just leave them in?

Olana, upstate NY. Cleaned up on the computer a bit. Love Pyrocat-MC, but giving up on developing Fomapan 100 in it. They seem to dislike each other quite a bit.

David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by bbuszard View Post
    A great result in the end, though, especially (for me) the 1st and 3rd ones. These remind me of a problem I've never resolved for myself: what to do about extraneous elements like streetlights and signs, which inevitably intrude into the edges of my architectural shots. We can sometimes Photoshop them into oblivion in a hybrid process, but that doesn't feel quite legitimate. What is the canonical solution? Just leave them in?
    I haven't really done much commercial architectural photography, though my personal projects are increasingly focusing on the places we live and work, which largely involves architecture. For my personal work I wouldn't even think of removing elements, though admittedly I try to frame each photograph in such a way that there are no objectionable extraneous elements.

Things like power lines, light poles, etc., are part of the scene and I try to compose in such a way that they add to the composition instead of detracting from it.

Having said that, I'd love to hear what folks like Simon and others who do architectural work for clients have to say about your question...

The architecture work I do (sorry can't post as it's digital, 1ds mk3 with tilt/shift lens) I leave everything in unless the client asks for it to be taken out. I mostly advise them to leave things in as it can be read as false advertising if you take the phone mast and power station out of the pic.

If the lamp post is on the edge of the frame then that is usually OK.
    With my photography, it's really up to the clients, not me what is left in or out.

Thanks for your insight, Edward (Ed?). One further question if I may: what would you do if it were up to you, financial concerns aside?

Quote Originally Posted by edtog View Post
    The architecture work I do (sorry can't post as it's digital, 1ds mk3 with tilt/shift lens) I leave everything in unless the client asks for it to be taken out. I mostly advise them to leave things in as it can be read as false advertising if you take the phone mast and power station out of the pic.

If the lamp post is on the edge of the frame then that is usually OK.
    With my photography, it's really up to the clients, not me what is left in or out.

One more Olana:

David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

Kip's Castle, Montclair NJ

Homemade 8x10, 300mm, f/32, 2 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by David Aimone View Post
    One more Olana:
    Very nice!