Page 230 of 274 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240 ... LastLast
Results 2,291 to 2,300 of 2732

Thread: post your Architecture photographs!

Re: post your Architecture photographs!

Quote Originally Posted by Moogie View Post
    Another day, another try.
    This time I could not get further away and could not get vertical lines.
    Tipps and Comments welcome to improve future images.
    In my opinion, full correction of verticals is un-natural and not desirable, except if the picture is taken for purely technical purposes. In my eyes, your picture is perfectly fine.

BTW: Trying to correct the lines in LR looked very awkward...
    Last time I tried, the top of the building looked like it was squashed; true correction involves both making verticals parallel, and a vertical stretching of the top of the building; done not in any random way but following rigorous geometric rules (changing from one projection to another). I've had satisfatory results using a panorama stitching software... for just one image, e.g. Hugin (free). Such software allows you to change from one rectilinear projection (the one of the exposure) to another.

"Grand Hotel Bellvue" in Middelkerke (Belgium), better known as "de rotonde". Wista 45, swd 75mm, 1/60, f/22, fomapan 100 in ID11

Would have been better with a 90mm but didn't have one at that time. So I had to cut off a bit at the left. Don't know what happened in the upper right corner.
    Expert in non-working solutions.

Thanks Steven.

Nice image, Havoc. There seem to be some nice possibilities with the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by chassis View Post
    Nice image, Havoc. There seem to be some nice possibilities with the subject.
    Thanks. The side facing the sea is great as well but it means getting the camera on the sand so it will have to wait for a windstill day. Sadly that side is N-W facing.

Havoc what would it look like with the 75mm and a full frame north facing orthogonal composition on a grey day?

Quote Originally Posted by chassis View Post
    Havoc what would it look like with the 75mm and a full frame north facing orthogonal composition on a grey day?
    I haven't any idea! In fact I'm not even sure I understand 100% what you mean. I'm just a beginner. Do you mean the camera facing north (then I would be at the viewpoint more to the left of the photo) or the north face of the building (from the beach)? Yeah, you'll need to go to toddler level, English is not my mother tongue and I'm not a photographer, more a collector using cameras I like. But grey days are easy over here.

As the building itself is light grey I fear it will go up into the sky.

I'm not sure if this is considered archetectural. I usually like to take pictures of people, or dogs. But I wanted to have a photo of my room in my apartment. That way, some day, I'll remember how zen it was.

I've used up all my PMK after many many years. I wanna go back to d76 1:1 but mixing is a pain. I wanna try HC110 dil H. I think it'll be similar to d76 1:1 no? But below is ARista edu 400@200, 90mm Orbit lens, fstop somewhere between f/8 and f/64. Shutter was no clue. I figure photos are more important that all the details.

--

Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    I'm not sure if this is considered archetectural. I usually like to take pictures of people, or dogs. But I wanted to have a photo of my room in my apartment. That way, some day, I'll remember how zen it was.

I've used up all my PMK after many many years. I wanna go back to d76 1:1 but mixing is a pain. I wanna try HC110 dil H. I think it'll be similar to d76 1:1 no? But below is ARista edu 400@200, 90mm Orbit lens, fstop somewhere between f/8 and f/64. Shutter was no clue. I figure photos are more important that all the details.

ericantonio,

Great image, well done. Yes, definitely fits in the architecture genre.

2018-10-01 Ukraine FP4 in XTOL 1+1 10 min00321web by Yuriy Sanin, on Flickr
    Ukraine. 2018-10-01. Nagaoka 4x5, Komura 152/2,8@22 FP4 in XTOL

Ruined wooden church by Yuriy Sanin, on Flickr
    2018-09-16 Ukraine. Ruined wooden church. Wista SP 4x5, Komura 152/2,8@22, Foma 100 in XTOL 1+1, 8 min