Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi from scenic Jamul,CA

Hi from scenic Jamul,CA

Jamul is a small community to the East and South of San Diego. I live on a small hobby farm on a mountain top. My closest neighbor is 5 acres away. I love it out here.
    I have 2 LF cameras. A Crown View & an Anni Speed Graphic. I've had both for years but didn't have a place to set up a darkroom till we moved here. I recently bought an Elwood 5x7 enlarger which I am restoring into a horizontal version. It will be great to get back in the darkroom after 20+ years. I'm glad I found this forum. Lots of great info here.
    Hope I haven't been too long winded.
    Wade D

Re: Hi from scenic Jamul,CA

Welcome aboard! Is there anything left of Julian after the fires last year??
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Welcome to the forum
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    Welcome aboard! Is there anything left of Julian after the fires last year??
    Yes, the town is still there although some out lying areas were burned. It was bad watching the flames come over the mountains and we had to evacuate Jamul as well.
    After a week they let us back in and all is well. Our area was spared from the flames.
    Thank you both for the welcome. There is so much good info here that it will take much reading.

How far is five acres?

About 660' on the long side.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Welcome to the forum Wade!
    Héctor Navarro Agraz

Welcome, Wade.

HI, I'm not too far from you, I live in El Cajon. I am still using mostly a Mamiya C3 TLR and a mamiya Press. I also have a Nikon D80 digital and some 35mm cameras and a few old antiques. Looking forward to getting a 4x5 in the future and working with that. Love those larger negatives.

Welcome to the Forum!

I hope I don't have my towns mixed up, in which case this next question will be nonsensical. But, isn't there a HUGE pile of rocks along I-8 near Jamul? That would be a great place to take a LF camera. I've always wanted to go there but there's no obvious entrance other than off of I-8.
    They are ill discoverers that think there is no land, when they can see nothing but sea.
    -Francis Bacon