Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip to Japan for Photographers

Trip to Japan for Photographers

Hi,

We are organizing destination trip to Japan for photographers this year, and looks like we have sufficient interest to make it go.

This trip will take place in the Kanazawa and the Noto Peninsula, the coastal countryside along with the Japan Sea. The trip will be visiting three different city/town exploring different areas. I will be the guide throughout the trip arranging events with local people/photographers.

This will be a large format photography friendly trip as I am taking 8x10 or 7x10 to the occasion for myself. We will also have a 4x5 camera that people will be able to try out too.

The countryside of Japan is still difficult to travel unless you are proficient with the language. This will be a great trip if you want to see parts of Japan other than very touristy places such as Tokyo and Kyoto.

You can find out more about the trip on our website, but please feel free to contact me directly if you are interested or just even curious about future offerings.

Thanks.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

Re: Trip to Japan for Photographers

I can't afford this anytime in the most recent future, but I'm sure I'd be very interested in saving for it late this year or sometime next (so maybe realistically 2009/2010). Good luck on this one!

Hi Ash,

I am sure that we will offer the same trip around the same time of a year. The date is based on a local festival in the city of Suzu.

It is a two day harvest festival celebrated every year with lavishly decorated lanterns carried by local people through alleyways of the small fishing village. It goes on until midnight first day. I am hoping to do some portrait at the occasion.

Sure, we will let you know the future offerings as we develop. We will be offering another one Southwest of US in October. We are actively seeking other national and international destinations in Asia such as China and Thai. I will be offering trips to other locations in Japan. We hope be able to offer several short to long trips annually.

Thank you again for your interest.

Warmly,
    tsuyoshi

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I can't afford this anytime in the most recent future, but I'm sure I'd be very interested in saving for it late this year or sometime next (so maybe realistically 2009/2010). Good luck on this one!

Tsuyoshi-San,
    Sure sounds like a great tour and wish i could join this year. But, that is financially not possible so, i would also be more likely to get in on a tour next year.
    Please keep us updated.
    Thanks.
    jan

Hi Jan-san,

Sure, I would be happy to let you know what will come next year.

There is a lot of beautiful places in Japan, and they are especially in the countryside as you can see an example by Michael Kenna.

This is a great way to introduce where I came from to those who are interested in both photography and Japan. I surely hope to develop this program further.

Warmly,
    tsuyoshi

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pedersen View Post
    Tsuyoshi-San,
    Sure sounds like a great tour and wish i could join this year. But, that is financially not possible so, i would also be more likely to get in on a tour next year.
    Please keep us updated.
    Thanks.
    jan

pm sent
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Hi everyone,

Finally, I can say that the trip to Kanazawa and the Noto Peninsula is happening!

We have a two more seats left to join our photography excursion in the countryside of Japan! Again, large format photographers are welcome!

Feel free to contact me if you are interested.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

Hi,

Today an article about the Japan trip I mentioned was published in The Philadelphia City Paper.

In a few short weeks, we will leave for Japan. We thought it would be fun and interesting to keep a blog leading up to and during our travels for those who want to know more about our trip.

We have more photography excursions planned as well. The next one is to 4 Corners in the American Southwest.

If you want to find out more about our photography trips, please feel free to contact us.

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

Tsuyoshi,

Sounds like a great trip. Wish I could join you.

Have a great time!

Kerik

A fabulous opportunity to have a guide around a fascinating country. Maybe you'll consider a future trip exploring the gardens of Japan? That would be a to die for trip.