Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Around the world in ?????? days.

Around the world in ?????? days.

Howdy, I've got a very broad question for everybody. What I'm wondering is this...... "If you could take a trip around the world, and time and money were not an issue, then where would you go to photograph?" I ask this because I'm going to be in Afghanistan for the next couple of years and I plan to do just that when I'm done here. Once I've made the money I need to start my cabinet shop and pay off my house, I plan to save however much money it takes to finance a 3 - 6 month tour around the world to photograph places that are slowly disappearing or becoming modernized. Many places on my list include ancient cities that will be theme parks in 10 years, fabulous canyons and waterfalls that the rest of the world hasn't exploited yet, etc.... I'd love any input from you, no matter how insignificant you think it may be, about places you've been or learned of all across the globe. Thanks, Ray.

Re: Around the world in ?????? days.

Southern Spain and North Africa, then on to Thailand, Vietnam, China before it's really too late, and India. All are places I just want to visit, I'm not implying anything political or environmental by listing them....(OK, maybe China)

Angkor Wat in Cambodia; Kashmir in Northern India; Himilayas in Nepal...

Eastern Siberia, Kazakhstan, Mongolia, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar...

Most of these places are still relatively untouched by the mass consumerism. Except maybe China, but I'm sure that's still only in big cities. I'm also sure that will change rather quickly.

I really would have like to have spent some time around the 3 Gorges before cities were leveled and temples moved, etc. And Add Cambodia to my list, that's a great one. Also Turkey. And everything really between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers as well...

3d Visual Effects artist

I would love to go to Egypt and photograph the Valley of the kings, Giza, Luxor, and some of the other areas with ancient Egyptian artifacts. To me, that would probably be the most enjoyable experience I think. And then after I was done shooting the artifacts, I'd go out into the sand sea and photograph the landscapes.

However, I'd probably want to shoot so much film, I would have no idea what to do with it all, how to carry it around, and all that. I could imagine myself taking a photo every 10 minutes for as long as there is light, for weeks! haha!
    Daniel Buck - 3d VFX artist
    3d work: DanielBuck.net
    photography: 404Photography.net - BuckshotsBlog.com

New Zealand in a heartbeat. Staying 2 months on the South Island and wishing for more.

New Zealand for me too.

I agree about the Himalayas too.

Singapore is an interesting city with excellent food and is easy for Americans as English is the primary common language. I enjoyed working there for a bit over a month a couple years ago.

I'd like to visit Vietnam and might in the near future.

Bali.

Western China.

Paul Cocklin

Lake Baikal, New Zealand, everywhere really. But especially the Taiga and Baikal.

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

I used to dream about that trip around the world with a big camera.

Then I realised I live in one of the most exotic locations there is, and there are even better ones within a few hour's drive.

Among them is what might be the world's third highest waterfall, which I have repeatedly failed to photograph.

So now I'm planning a project which will hopefully end up as ten 100x120cm prints mounted on aluminium. And all ten will be shot in my own garden.