Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbie looking for hands on

Newbie looking for hands on

Does anyone know of any Large Format workshops near or, preferably, on the Delmarva Peninsula (Delaware, Maryland, Virginia)?
    Thanks.
    CW

Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee. - The Yeti

Re: Newbie looking for hands on

Hi Chris-- I just gave an intro to large format workshop in DC at the Artomatic show and plan to do some future workshops. Are you looking for something introductory or more advanced?

Chris -

Check out Peters Valley.

Scott Davis

Christopher- check out Project Basho up in Philadelphia - they have classes of all kinds running throughout the year. www.projectbasho.org .

I will check those other two out. And I am looking for something MUCHOS introductory.
    Thanks.
    CW

Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee. - The Yeti

Quote Originally Posted by christopher walrath View Post
    I am looking for something MUCHOS introductory.
    Gary Bossardet's "Bigger is Better" would have been perfect. Unfortunately, it was last weekend.

Try contacting Bruce Barlow about the Zone System program he and Richard Ritter are doing at Peters Valley over the July 4 weekend. They are both LF dudes and offer some LF weekends in Vermont & New Hampshire - a bit further away.

Dear Lord. Just because I am a member here dosn't mean I have the thousands falling out of my pockets that such prestige applies. I sell auto parts for 45 hours a week and do most around the house for my wife with fibromyalgia, my 14 year old autistic son and it would be unfair to push it off on my 11 year old daughter. So for now I am doing LF UBER cheap and close to home.
    Thanks.
    CW

Well, if you were a little closer, I'd be happy to give you a formal hands on introduction...if you're ever out in this part of the world, give me a day and a half prior warning and we can set something up...

Quote Originally Posted by christopher walrath View Post
    Dear Lord. Just because I am a member here dosn't mean I have the thousands falling out of my pockets that such prestige applies. I sell auto parts for 45 hours a week and do most around the house for my wife with fibromyalgia, my 14 year old autistic son and it would be unfair to push it off on my 11 year old daughter. So for now I am doing LF UBER cheap and close to home.
    I hear you. There are many workshops around that cost a fortune. They may be great, but they're discouraging to beginners and young photographers. I'm not an advanced large format photographer, but I know enough to get people started with camera types, camera movements for perspective control and depth of field, lenses, shutters, film choice and loading holders, and printing/scanning. I'd also be happy to go out shooting with you sometime and there are some other LF folks in the area that freely offer their help. So your fee would be the gas for your car and the film for your camera if you want to drive out to the DC area.

You might try some of the articles in the Free Articles section of the View Camera web site

www.viewcamera.com

steve simmons