Thread: Nagaoka lens board

Nagaoka lens board

I just purchased a Nagaoka 4x5 online. I was wondering what type of lens board fits this camera. I have been told a Linhoff-type board fits, but there seem to be a few different types of Linhoff boards. There are boards with two corners cut and perfectly square boards. Would either work?

My second question is: on ebay there is a seller based in China that sells "Linhoff-type" boards for $20 including shipping. Has anyone used this company? are they reliable? The price is right, but i dont want to wait 2 weeks to find it doesnt fit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lens-board-COPAL...d=p3286.c0.m14

Thanks

Re: Nagaoka lens board

Hi Mcfactor, I have ordered Technika type recessed lens boards from the seller you mention for my Tachihara and found his products to be spot on...... well manufactured and at a basement price.

kev

The correct boards are the current Technika jobbies, with clipped corners and a couple of small slots at the bottom.
    Be aware that many off-brand suppliers make the boards too thin compared with genuine Technika boards, and they will be loose and rattle around if not shimmed with a little paper tape.
    Enjoy your Nagaoka -- (after 30+ years, mine is still nearly mint).
    Wilhelm (Sarasota)

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_1856 View Post
    The correct boards are the current Technika jobbies, with clipped corners and a couple of small slots at the bottom.
    Be aware that many off-brand suppliers make the boards too thin compared with genuine Technika boards, and they will be loose and rattle around if not shimmed with a little paper tape.
    Enjoy your Nagaoka -- (after 30+ years, mine is still nearly mint).

Just want to mention that some of the early Nagaoka and Ikeda cameras do not take the Technika type boards. The first cameras took a odd-ball board just slightly smaller than the Technika boards.

Sandy King

Thanks guys, I'll wait to see the camera before I order. (Thanks Sandy for responding to two threads. I love the level of commitment with this (and apug) site, I would never be at the level I'm at without them).

-Noah

When I was using a Nagaoka, years ago, I made my own boards, out of "Model Aircraft" plywood, from a hobby shop, stained or veneered. I also made a board out of a thin (~1/8") sheet of rosewood, with another sheet cross-glued to the back. I was able to cut the plywood with a utility knife and cut the hole by drilling a bunch of holes around and finishing with a file. These worked out very well and were inexpensive.
    Dave Hally

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Just want to mention that some of the early Nagaoka and Ikeda cameras do not take the Technika type boards. The first cameras took a odd-ball board just slightly smaller than the Technika boards.
    and I should add that other Nagaokas such as my 5x7 use hard to find custom made woodden lensboards which are just slightly larger than a Technika board