Thread: HP B9180 and lines

HP B9180 and lines

I've done a search on here and can't find a specific answer to this questions, so ...

Printing in A4 landscape there are three thin lines (very light indents almost) horizontally at about 6cms, 14cms and 18cms from top working down.

The ink has printed in the lines, and the lines are only noticeable when you catch the print from a certain angle. I'm using glossy paper.

It's almost like a very light paper indent, as the line extends into the border of the print (where there is no ink)

I've checked the paper before printing and that's alright - no lines pre printing.

I've also checked previous prints, and it's not visible on those either.

Any ideas on this anyone?

Thanks.

Re: HP B9180 and lines

I wonder sometimes about the paper feed on this printer...Sometimes I get a print that looks like it got beat to hell for no apparent reason. Have you tried running one through the special media tray to compare?

Re: HP B9180 and lines

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Graham View Post
    I wonder sometimes about the paper feed on this printer...Sometimes I get a print that looks like it got beat to hell for no apparent reason. Have you tried running one through the special media tray to compare?
    Hi Colin
    No I haven't, but I think you might have the answer, as the paper seems to have been slipping also.
    Thanks