I'm sorry for these very basic questions, but ... can anyone advise please?
I've installed the scanner yesterday, and installed the Epson software (but not the SilverFast SE and Photoshop Elements software).
I have an phobia about installing unnecessary software, but I'm thinking now that maybe these aren't unnecessary and I should at least have installed the SilverFast SE - is that correct, and is this what I should use to control the scanner in the future?
I already have Adobe Lightroom installed, so is it necessary, or is there any additional benefit, in installing Photoshop Elements also?
With my first scan last night (of a 6x7 transparency) I couldn't find a way to increase the resolution so that I had a TIF file any bigger than around 2.4MB, and I also couldn't get Lightroom to look for TIF format files either! Can anyone tell me how to do this?
Indeed is there a tutorial or book anywhere giving the 1,2,3 of workflow steps for numpties when using this scanner for scanning transparencies, using Lightroom (ideally) and printing up to A3 (I have an HP B9180)?
I add finally that 95% of my scanner use will be scanning 4x5 and 6x7 Fujifilm transparencies for printing.
Oh, and absolutely finally, I have been thinking of getting Genuine Fractals software for use with photographs taken digitally. Would that be of any benefit with scanned images?
Thanks for any advice on these questions.